I’ve been doing a fair bit of career wear shoe shopping with clients lately, and their feelings are unanimous. Comfort is key, modern classics rule, and there is little tolerance for trendy footwear that is unkind to their feet. Many seemed to have bought footwear last year that looked fashionable and ultra gorgeous, but didn’t go the distance. NO MORE.
I very much understand the need for extra comfortable shoes because I too battle to find dressier styles that I can walk in for miles. You can’t wear sneakers and casual sandals when your dress code is business formal, business casual or smart casual, so you might have to compromise a little on “trendy aesthetics” to get happy feet.
Here’s a selection of comfortable office footwear across a range of price points. Most styles have been tried and tested on clients. Some of the styles are repeats from last year, they are that good. Of course some styles are more comfortable than others. Some styles are less dressy because I’ve included footwear for “Casual Fridays”. There are colour options for each style so make sure you browse the links. Grab those fabulous low block heels while you can.
- AGL Split Heel d'Orsay Pump: Best low-heeled, dainty animal print shoes I've seen all year. Chic. Gorgeous quality. Gorgeous on the foot. Fits a lower and higher volume foot. Size down for low volume feet.
- AGL Block Heel Pump: An elegant and very well made ankle strap pump. Fits a lower and higher volume foot. Might show a little toe cleavage with a wider foot. Size down for low volume feet.
- AGL Block Heel Pump: The Chanel copy that's BETTER than the Chanel because it's a LOT more comfortable. AMAZING classic pump. Nice pointy toe, and fun colour blocked heel. Fits a lower and higher volume foot. Size down for low volume feet.
- Paul Green Lexi Bootie: Despite the high heel, this is a very comfortable shoe that works best for high volume feet. Excellent with ankle pants. As lovely in the pearl grey.
- Steve Madden Dainna d'Orsay Ankle Strap Pump: Best cherry red pump I've seen all year. YES, wear suede shoes year round. Why not!
- Kate Spade New York 'milan too' pointy toe pump: Elegant and sharp on the foot. The suede options are a lot more comfortable than the patent.
- Paul Green 'Hailey' Pointy Toe Ankle Strap Pump: A lovely dainty pump that is worth the glowing reviews.
- Paul Green Molly Lace-Up Pump: A trendier choice of pump with a surprisingly unfussy ankle tie. Streamlined and flattering on the foot. Fits a lower and higher volume foot. Size down for low volume feet.
- Söfft 'Velma' Pump: A pump with cushioning insoles that make you "float" as you stride. Fits low and regular volume feet.
- MARC FISHER LTD 'Zala' Pump: A pump for less fussy feet, and most comfortable in the suede. Best on lower volume feet.
- Louise Et Cie Kota Ankle Strap Pump: This is a winning style in SOME of the colour options because the fabrics are very different, which affects the comfort of the shoe. The yellow and the suede are the most comfortable of the assortment.
- Hispanitas 'Omega' Pump: Best low-heeled classic pump of them all. Killer comfort and very well made. Looks better on the foot. The shape moulds to an assortment of food shapes. I vote navy blue, and wish it came in a solid white.
- Clarks Chinaberry Pop Mary Jane Pump: Modern Retro Mary Jane Fabness. Good on higher volume feet, but sizing down can work for lower volume feet.
- Hispanitas 'Cali' Metallic Cap Toe Pump: An adorable flat with a tiny heel. Very soft and cushioning. Moulds to the foot to fit an assortment of foot shapes.
- Hispanitas Jovanna Perforated Pump: Great CASUAL pump, which is hard to find. Soft and cushioning. Fun in the perforated leather with wooden heel.
- Børn Kharen Wraparound Lace Flat: A super soft flat with arch support. Pretty on the foot.
- Paul Green Lydia Flat: A super soft flat suited to high volume feet. Beautifully made and fab in a deep cherry red.
- TKEES Paloma Loafer Pump (Women): A Modern Retro dainty delight. Can work on a wider foot despite the pointy toe box.
- Munro 'Luisa' Open Toe Bootie (Women): Best low-heeled peep-toe bootie of them all. Killer comfort, even when you can't wear heels. Comes in a variety of widths.
- Eileen Fisher Drake Asymmetrical Pump: If you don't mind a heavy heel, this is a lovely chunky shoe for a high instep.
- Via Spiga Dinah Ankle Strap d'Orsay Pump (Women): Pretty, dainty, and fab in all the colours. Works on both lower and higher volume feet. You might need to size down half a size for lower volume feet.
You can see my descriptions alongside the items on the collection page.