My clients like to wear neutrals throughout the year, so we’re always looking out for them, and refreshing their capsules accordingly. As we head further into the retail season, I’m pleased that there are neutrals beyond the typical grey and black that we normally see drowning the stores. There are lots of earthy tones, ink blues and shades of white too.
These items were winners on my clients:
- Free People 'Stella' Graphic Print Minidress: The chevron pattern on this dress is unique and so is the colour scheme. It runs small and short. It works as a tunic over straight crops too. Well suited to a small bust, long neck and defined waist. Not suited to a large bust and apple shape. It's also available in red, but the navy is nicer.
- Free People 'Arctic Fox' Back Zip Swing Sweater: The pullover looks gorgeous on a petite with a short torso, large bust, and longish neck. Works well on an apple shape. All the colours are nice, and the back zipper detailing is fun. Too short for long torsos. Runs very big. Size down one to two sizes.
- MOTHER High Rise Crop Bootcut Jeans (Not Guilty): Cropped straights with a sleek and flattering cut. Read the rave reviews.
- CeCe Polka Dot Tie Neck Shirtdress: A fun dress on petites and regulars, or tunic on taller gals. Works surprisingly well on a larger bust. Good under a maxi cardigan. Runs a size big. Slinky fabric.
- Jeffrey Campbell 'Phasma' Boot (Women): Great boots for narrow calves. Can work on a higher volume foot. Quite comfortable.
- Jeffrey Campbell 'Carla' Pointy Toe Pump (Women): A fashion-forward pump that comes in three neutral colours. I like the white best, but the bronze is the most unique. Will not work on high volume feet. The leather is quite hard, so best for unfussy feet.
- Cole Haan 'Elverton' Knee High Boot (Women): Impeccable quality and comes in chocolate brown. Well-suited to narrower calves. Very comfortable, and a true classic.
- Hispanitas 'Leader' Wedge Boot (Women): An excellent tall boot for narrow calves and low to regular volume feet. Impeccable quality and extremely comfortable. Very lightweight. Will probably not work on petites as the shaft is too high.
- FLY London 'Yex' Platform Wedge Bootie (Women): Post Apocalyptic Fabness. Wear the cuff up or down. Extremely comfortable, well made, and well suited to high volume feet. You can walk on the moon in these.
- JSLIDES 'Aztec' Tassel Slip-On Sneaker (Women): Good chunky sneakers for wider feet. The tassel makes the look. Quite comfortable, although a little heavy. Lots of colours, and there's an animal print in stores.
- Paul Green 'Jay' Wingtip Chelsea Boot (Women): A beautifully made quality ankle bootie with subtle wing tip or brogue detailing. Refined, a little Tomboy, tailored and sleek. Works VERY well on narrow ankles and long toes. Extremely comfortable and supportive. The colour of the taupe is accurate and it also comes in black. Might run half a size big. Much prettier in the taupe and they HAD TO follow we home.
- Elodie Lightweight Twill Jacket: A casual lightweight topper for a warm Fall. Works on most body types. Works on petites too.
- CeCe Tweed A-Line Coat with Bow: Modern Retro Fabness. Best suited to a curvy figure and runs big. Good on a short neck and short waist.
- Charles Jourdan Charles Jourdan Ophelia Leopard-Print Leather Satchel Bag, Natural: Snow Leopard Fabness for Team Satchel. I like that the pattern is printed and not hairy. Wear it as a solid by pattern mixing it into your outfits for a maximal look. Roomier than it looks.
- CeCe 'Refined Dandelion' Print Three Quarter Sleeve Swing Top: A fitted swing top for curvy gals. Great layered under jackets, and might run a size big.
- Banana Republic Swallow Print Blouse: A fluid and whimsical bird print blouse to wear with skirts, jeans or trousers. Comes in apricot, and layers well under a jacket. Fits a variety of body types.
- Banana Republic Houndstooth Pencil Skirt: A super soft baby houndstooth skirt with a comfy stretchy fit. It will mould to most body shapes because of the stretch, but does not look body-con unless you are extremely curvy. It's office appropriate. Weighty fabrication and nicely made.
- KENDALL + KYLIE Logan: Comfy low heeled booties for low volume or regular feet. GREAT circular heel. You have to have a low instep to pull on the style (no zipper). Fab narrow fit on narrow ankles. Dramatic in a subtle way. Elegant on the foot.
- J.Crew Double-cloth lady day coat with Thinsulate: Ladylike, streamlined, well made, and warm. Great length for dresses. An item with a high longevity factor. Might run narrow in the sleeves. Available in many colours. The walnut looks fresh.
- Rebecca Taylor Denim Peplum Jacket: A peplum denim jacket for Team Short Neck and Defined Waist.
- KENDALL + KYLIE Logan: AMAZING looking booties. I just added these to my bootie collection. Comfy, low heeled, and richly cream. Fab for low volume or regular feet. I added an insole to make the foot bed more cushioning and fill in the width. GREAT circular heel shape. Fab narrow fit on narrow ankles. The shaft does not dig into you as you stride. You have to have a low instep to pull on the style (no zipper). Dramatic in a subtle way. Very elegant and sleek on the foot. Quite graphic.
- London Fog Gingham Print Single Breasted Trench Coat (Regular & Petite): An adorable lightweight trench coat that is water resistant, crease-resistant, and repels lint and pet hair. Runs a size big.
- Steve Madden 'Kate' Loafer Pumps (Women): A chunky gold loafer for wider or higher volume feet. Not good on narrow heels. Moderately comfy. Not an all day shopping shoe. Trendy on the foot. Nice crisp shade of gold.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.