Following this morning’s post on the appeal of Spring tweed jackets, here’s a collection of my favourite examples currently in stores across an assortment of silhouettes and neutral colours. Many of this year’s styles will work well for a curvy figure and a larger bust, which has not been the case in the past for this type of jacket.
- Nic + Zoe 'Mixed Moto' Jacket: This item works very well for REGULAR height ladies despite the petite sizing. It's actually too long for petites! Soft, tailored and conventionally flattering. Excellent on a curvy figure with a regular or fuller bust.
- Striped Woven Blazer, Caviar/Porcelain: A good shape for a curvy petite with a shorter neck. Great with skirts and dresses.
- J.Crew Tweed jacket with zippers: Very Chanel-esque. Gorgeous quality and fun zipper hardware which you cannot see in the photo. The neckline comes up high and it's quite shaped despite looking boxy in the picture. Beautiful fringe detailing and fun colour palette (there's a little neon orange in the tweed). Too short for tall gals.
- Truth & Pride 'Nocturnal' Tweed: A surprisingly good shape on straighter and curvier body types. Streamlined and too long for petites.
- Tory Burch Knit Moto Jacket: A fun non-leather Spring moto. Crisp. Good on apple shapes and rectangular figures.
- J.Crew Tweed motorcycle jacket with fringe: A Chanel-esque moto hybrid. Good on apple shapes, moderately curvy figures and rectangular figures.
- KARL LAGERFELD Karl Little cotton-blend tweed jacket: A Chanel-esque bomber hybrid. Love the vertical back fringe detail. Great on both a curvier and straight body type. Quite cropped so good on petites.
- Rebecca Taylor Plaid Tweed Jacket: An intricate and very ladylike version with subtle puffy sleeves and peplum hem. Good on narrower shoulders. Very soft and drapey. Interesting back band detailing.
- Vince Drape Front Bouclé Jacket: Draped and piped. Excellent on apple shapes and inverted triangle body types. Quite good on curvier figures with a round bottom because of the subtle peplum effect at the back.
- Halogen Textured One-Button Blazer (Regular & Petite): Tailored, classic and sharp. Best on a curvy hourglass or pear shaped body type with a regular size bust. Shortens a long waist.
- Michael Fringe Trim Tweed Notch Collar Jacket (Plus Size): Relaxed yet adequately structured. Soft yet sharp and crisp. Nicely made. Fun picket dealing. Good length for taller gals. Not good on petite plus sizes.
- Classiques Entier Asymmetrical Crop Tweed Jacket (Regular & Petite): A slightly harder tweed that looks incredibly sharp because the silhouette drapes to perfection. Gorgeous green and white tweed. Works surprisingly well on a larger bust. Cropped and works well for petites too. A great jacket to wear over dresses.
You can also see the pictures alongside my descriptions on the collection page.