Spring collections are finally coming through with gusto as end-of-season sales merchandise is cleared from the shop floors. Wooohoooo! The period from now until the end of April is one of my favourite shopping times of the year. It’s Spring fashion at its best. I adore the colour palettes. The styles look particularly crisp and fresh after dark and heavy Winter merchandise. Silhouettes and fabrics are still relatively covered, substantial and dressy. There are woven topper and white denim options aplenty, and I can entertain skirt and dress purchases.
From May to August, Spring and Summer fashion becomes more casual and flimsy. It’s usually less covered and substantial, and most of the woven toppers are gone. White jeans stock is very low, and stores are filled with beach-y merchandise. Oh how I LOVE early Spring fashion.
Here are some of my top picks from Anthropologie after shopping the store with some of my clients. Most of the items are their early Spring collection. Also, check out the dress roundup if you missed it last week.
- Dolan Left Coast Piper Dress: A weighty knitted fit-and-flare frock WITH SLEEVES. Good on a curvy petite or regular height gal. Soft and comfortable. Fun in rust, one of this season's fashion colours.
- Maeve Jacquard Trumpet Skirt: A ladylike trumpet midi skirt that has a marvelous '80s appeal. Good on a curvy bottom half.
- Maeve Tearoom Pencil Skirt: A stretchy pencil skirt in an assortment of patterns with a subtle front vent. Soft and very comfy. Best on a straighter hip.
- Cartonnier Riband Car Coat: A bold statement striped coat. It's amazingly crisp and polished for a casual topper. Fab quality and surprisingly streamlined despite the strong horizontal stripe and cocoon silhouette. Long in the sleeves.
- Cartonnier Chancellor Cropped Trousers: Streamlined culottes to fit a moderately curvy body.
- Marrakech Knit Field Jacket: An impeccable quality jacket. Wow. Lots of lovely detailing both in the front AND back, exquisite woven stretch fabric and gorgeous drape. Runs big. Fits a curvy figure very well.
- Marrakech Sweaterstitch Moto Jacket: A brilliant cropped, earth-toned jacket. Good on both a curvy and straighter figure. Soft, comfy and casual. Read the rave reviews.
- AG AG Stevie Ankle Jeans: Fabulous cropped ankle jeans. Good on both a curvy and straighter body type. Easy to hem for petites. Great quality.
- AG AG Prima Jeans: Good on both a curvy and straighter body type. Extra curvy ladies can have the waistband altered for perfect fit. Good quality.
- Moth Juni Pullover: The border detailing on the oversized striped pullover provides a good dose of streamlined structure.
- HD In Paris Tiered Silk Midi Skirt: A romantic midi for a very curvy figure with a defined waist.
- Hei Hei Layered Solin Jacket: An unstructured casual blazer with a hood. Fab over a basic tee with jeans.
- T.la Peplum Pocket Tee: A roomy ruffled tee with good drape. Good on a shorter neck, apple shaped figure, and larger bust.
- Cartonnier Cropped Swing Trench: Swing Coat Trench Fabness.
- Deletta Sinona Cowlneck: A good fitted knit top for a curvy figure with a defined waist. Too slinky for muffin top. Best on a larger bust.
- SACHIN + BABI Ruffled Denim Skirt: Flouncy Denim Skirt Fabness.
- Needle Blocked Cashmere Pullover: The coral border detailing on the back of this blouse is yummy. The open boat or slash neckline is good on just about any body type. Great over cropped jeans.
- Angel Of The North Nulia Circle Hem Poncho: A swing lace knit pullover with a romantic touch. Fun back pleat detailing. Looks better in person.
- HD In Paris Lace Mockneck Tee: This top launched me into orbit. It's dainty, trapeze-shaped, sleeved, and awfully pretty. I love the scalloped edges on the hems and sleeves, the high neckline, delicate neck buttons, and torso pleating. Gorgeous over flared jeans.
- 7 For All Mankind 7 For All Mankind Culotte Jumpsuit: A culotte jumpsuit with layering possibilities looks fresh and modern. A retro '70s and '90s rendition. Not good on petites, and a little challenging in the restroom. But very, very fun!
- Maeve Marala Knit Skirt: A stretchy pencil skirt in an assortment of patterns with a subtle front vent. Soft and very comfy. Best on a straighter hip.
- Maeve Marala Knit Skirt: Great shade of green in a stretchy and comfy pencil skirt. Soft and sleek. Best on a straighter hip. Plenty of length for tall gals.
- Vanessa Virginia Diamond Duster Tunic: A delicate woven tunic to wear over leggings or skinnies.
- Ela Metallic Carlisle Clutch: A casual gold clutch with nice hardware. Love the textured treatment of the leather that dresses down the sparkle. Quite roomy, and with bright purple lining.
- Miss Albright Gietro Rolled Pouch: A wristlet in a paper bag style. Fun tassels and at a more affordable price.
- Miss Albright Kiskadee Crossbody Bag: A crossbody with attitude. Comes in four colours but the silver looks the most unique.
- The Office Of Angela Scott The Office of Angela Scott Mr. Evanson Oxfords: Designer white oxfords with an ombréd toe look wonderfully interesting but can swallow up a small foot. Best on a larger foot and taller frame.
- Seychelles Sey by Seychelles Gift Chelsea Boots: Sleek and casually polished. Works for both a high and low volume foot. Comfortable. Stable two inch block heel. Chic and great light booties for Spring.
- Jeffrey Campbell Jeffrey Campbell Bitsie Heels: A retro pump that looks playful compared to its more severe pointy toe cousin. Super soft suede that's very comfortable. Manageable heel height. Lots of lovely colour options. Read the rave reviews.
- Alba Moda Alba Moda Ravenna Booties: Trendy and sleek booties in a rusty shade of mustard. Soft and comfortable.
You can also see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.