Anthropologie is a great resource for casual, smart casual and dressier dresses. It is a go-to destination for many of my clients because the dresses are interesting and colourful, and because they cut across dress codes. Here is a roundup of the ones that caught my eye in their current range. Some of the dresses are short and could work as tunics over leggings, skinnies and bootcuts. Be sure to browse all the colour options.
- Moth Cashmere Turtleneck Swing Dress: Comfy, cozy and extra soft. Slouchy in fit but sufficiently structured at the hem. Fits most body types if the high neckline tickles your fancy. Quite the statement in cobalt blue.
- Knitted & Knotted Saone Sweater Dress: A mixed media sweater dress with alluring transparent sleeves. Different! Not overly clingy and great with over-the-knee boots. Read the rave reviews.
- Holding Horses Lexington Shirtdress: An arty piece with lots of volume and drape. You have to be at peace with the expanse of fabric and very loose fit. An excellent piece in motion. Runs big.
- Isabella Sinclair Sylvan Plaid Shirtdress: An interesting arty plaid shirt dress for Team Tall. I love it styled with heeled high-shaft booties and the sleeves worn down. Best on a broader shoulder and/or larger bust.
- Bordeaux Viridis Cowl Dress: Slinky but not clingy. Dressy. Classic. Chic. Gorgeous colour. Best on a curvy figure.
- Burning Torch Circe Silk Wrap Dress: A stunning kimono dress with surprise back colour block detailing. You must be able to fill out the dress in the bust or/and the shoulders. It's a little darker in person.
- Holding Horses Pieced Denim Dress: A sheath with retro flare. The vertical lines and V-shaped waistband draw the eye vertically and narrow the waistline. Great on both a curvy and straight figure. A shirt or blouse layered underneath the frock could be a fun look too.
- Maeve Drawstring Midi Shirtdress: A breezy shirt dress for Team Tall. The back drawstring provides a hint of waist definition.
- Maeve Drawstring Midi Shirtdress: A breezy shirtdress for Team Tall. The back drawstring provides a hint of waist definition. The curved hemline adds structure to the length, which looks great with flats.
- Petaled Henley Dress: A super frock for an inverted triangle shape body type. The dropped waist is great on a short waist.
- Bailey 44 Gathered Stripes Petite Midi Dress: A fab hot weather frock. It's very flattering on a curvy figure if you like the shape of the neckline.
- Bailey 44 Gathered Jersey Dress: A slinky yet not too clingy frock with sleeves. Excellent on a curvy hourglass. I like the sheen and Grecian drape of this dress.
- Marc Bouwer Photostat Floral Dress: Pretty, versatile, covered, comfortable and elegant. Read the rave reviews.
- Maeve Turtleneck Swing Dress: A cozy sweater dress with handkerchief hemline that is an easy pull-on-and-go with tights and boots. A few patterned options.
- Sunday In Brooklyn Strata Ruffled Tunic: Arty Flounce. Comfortable and surprisingly flattering on just about any body type. The position of the colour block is genius because it tempers the volume of the dress. Girly, flirty and interesting.
You can also see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.