No need to save festive pieces for holiday parties. Wear them to work, on date night, or even out and about. Just for fun. Spread that holiday cheer and create your own holiday capsule to wear between now and January 2nd. Combine the items with denim if they seem too dressy.
Here are some festive pieces that have piqued my interest recently, some of which worked well on my clients. They are sufficiently versatile to wear when the holidays are over. Some of the pieces are already on sale. I’ve got four of them myself, and am excited to incorporate them into all sorts of outfits. The collection Italian stretch turtleneck sweater in yellow. The A-line midi skirt in peach. The Ophelia strappy rose gold pumps and metallic rose gold fold over clutch.
- J.Crew Martie pant in sequin herringbone: The slight sheen on a pair of cropped herringbone trousers is festive throughout Winter with a pair of high-shaft booties. Best suited to a straighter bottom half.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Arelia A-Line Coat: A repeat long blazer style that's stunning on a curvy body. Fab quality. Wear it over jeans, trousers or a sheath dress.
- J.Crew Edged lace blouse: A pretty lace shirt with white cuffs and collar. Not scratchy. I love the scalloped hem and transparent sleeves. The body is lined. Best on a straighter figure and small or regular shape bust.
- J.Crew Double-cloth collarless coat: A retro coat to wear over just about anything. Dress it up or down. It has a straight cut so consider yourself warned. Fab on a shorter neck and larger bust. Well made.
- J.Crew Collection Italian stretch turtleneck sweater: The most impeccably made pullover I've seen all year. The quality blew me away. WOW. Thick, heavy and oversized. But the slightly tapered hem, tailored neckline, and shorter length provide just enough structure. The exposed back zipper is lovely too. Not good for a short neck and large bust. Runs a size big.
- Corso Como Penny: Comfortable pumps. The soles are cushioning and the textured rose gold metallic is unique. Great price.
- Aquatalia Ophelia: Beautifully dainty rose gold ankle strap pumps. Impeccable quality. Good for low volume feet. Not all that soft and cushioning, but fine for "sitting" occasions.
- ASOS Metallic Fold Over Clutch Bag: A small rose gold clutch for the holidays to match rose gold footwear.
- Fiorelli Tyra Fringed Clutch Bag: A red crossbody bag or clutch with interesting placement of fringe.
- J.Crew Tippi leopard sweater: This simple animal print lightweight sweater was WOW on my size 12 client. Chic and versatile. Best on a larger bust and shorter neck.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Upas Cape: I gasped when my client tried this on in the dressing room. It was absolutely killer stunning WOW. Beautifully made. Architectural, dramatic and unique. Will not date. Comfortable and not nearly as fussy as it looks. A size large will fit a size 12, and it did so to perfection on my client who also has a curvy bust. She will wear it with black bottoms or jeans both for work and play. Wear it fastened or unfastened. A magical piece.
- Topshop Faux Fur Double Breasted Cape: Rust Sherlock Holmes Fabness.
- Vince Camuto Ombré Poncho Top: Ombréd Poncho Fabness. Size down.
- Banana Republic Louisa Loafer: A versatile animal print slipper flat to wear right through to Spring.
- Banana Republic Pearl Spike Necklace: Spiked pearls to soften a hard-edged outfit.
- Banana Republic Textured Cable-Knit Crew Pullover: Cabled fringe for narrow shoulders and a small bust.
- J.Crew Collection A-line midi skirt in Italian wool blend: A stunning A-line midi skirt for a defined waistline. Dressy. Must wear it with a fully or semi-tucked top to showcase the high-waisted belt detailing. The front slit is quite discreet because the skirt is roomy on the hem. Comes in three colours. The peach is cool-toned and more like a blush pink. Beautifully made.
- KAS New York Zona Pencil Skirt: Burlesque Holiday Lace to wear with a black top. Tone down the boldness with a denim jacket if it's too hectic.
- Boden Beatrice Mid Heel: Rose gold, low-heeled T-strap pumps to wear year round. Retro fabness with a modern integrity.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.