Booties with higher shafts are one way to refresh your wardrobes for Fall & Winter. The higher shaft should cover the ankle and finish one to three inches above the ankle bone. They are shorter than mid-calf boots. The idea is that you wear them with trendy cropped pants or jeans, or with pants and jeans that are rolled at the hems to create a cropped length. The extra length in the shaft compensates for the length lost in the cropped pants or jeans. The combination allows you to cover up leg skin and socks in cold weather. This is a MUCH warmer and more practical pairing than exposing leg skin with regular booties and cropped pants or jeans.
Here’s an assortment of dressy and casual high-shaft booties to get you started. Some styles have been winners on clients and forum members. I’ve included a few lace-up options because the silhouette can be more comfortable against the shin. Be sure to browse through the multiple colour options.
- Aquatalia By Marvin K. Women's Lilli Boot: Sleek, dressy, versatile and comfortable on a low and regular volume foot. Excellent with cropped pants for the office. Might need to size down half a size.
- Report Iggby: A well-made bootie for low volume feet and narrow ankles. The mustard suede is unique. The snake skin option is vegan, which is suprisingly more comfortable than the suede. It's soft and does not cut into your shin. Needs an extra cushioning insole.
- Spring Step Narvi: Fun, maximal and different. I haven't seen them in person, but I believe that the brand is quite comfortable.
- Blondo 'Zena' Waterproof Riding Bootie (Women): Weatherproof, casually refined and very comfortable.
- Matt Bernson Windsor Wool Boot: The back zipper feature makes the lace-up style an easy pull-on and go. Casual, dramatic and bright.
- Shearwater Booties: A classic weatherproof style in a fun forest green.
- Carmen Booties: Sleek, casually refined and well made.
- Jensen Suede Booties: The pointy toe works surprisingly well for a high volume foot. Plenty of room in the toe box. Delicate and fashionable. Great bookending for strawberry blondes.
- Bogs Pearl Slip On Boot: Weatherproof and robust. Fits a wide ankle.
- Diane von Furstenberg Abbot Too: Dressy and sleek. Best on low and regular volume feet. Needs a cushioning insole.
- Bella-Vita Kody: Flirty Fun Fringe. Comfortable if you can manage the heel height. Available in narrow and wide widths, and goes up to a size 12.
- Frye Sabrina Double Buckle: Hard-edged and rugged. Read the rave reviews.
- AGL ATTILIO GIUSTI LEOMBRUNI 'Lucida' Bootie (Women): Sleek, dressy, beautifully made and extremely comfortable. Fits a low volume foot and narrow ankle. Might run half a size small.
- FIORENTINI + BAKER Fiorentini + Baker Engineer Boot (Women): A repeat style that has become a classic. Buttery soft leather that improves with age. Very comfortable and well made.
- Sole Society 'Jett' Bootie (Women): '90s Fabness in a great shade of blue.
- Arche 'Musaca' Boot: An extremely comfortable bootie that is well made and quite robust. Read the rave reviews.
- Frye 'Phillip' Harness Boot: A popular classic for Team Ultra Casual. Harnessed, and available in three shades of brown. Many rave reviews.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.