A striped pattern is graphic and also bold if the stripes create a high contrast with each other. Diagonal stripes are dramatic, especially when they create an interesting patterned effect on a wardrobe item.
I haven’t seen all these items in person, but they’re fun examples of the power of the stripe.
- Flat Clutch: I have this exact clutch with a neon citron stripe and find that it's surprisingly robust and roomy. Super buttery leather and well made.
- DKNY Striped Handkerchief Hem Midi Skirt: A dramatic striped flared skirt that looks best with a fitted short top. Fab with a cropped denim jacket too.
- Broken Stripe-Print Asymmetric Skirt, Navy: This skirt is for date night because it falls open quite dramatically when seated. Good on a slim hip and long torso. Best with a tucked top.
- Dune London Monet: Rainbow striped sandals just for fun.
- Asymmetrical Stripe Peplum Skirt: The vent on this skirt provides more coverage than you think. Best on a regular or long waist with a tucked top or cropped top.
- Vince Camuto Stripe Asymmetrical Hem Top: A high V-neck is a rare find. This style works on most body types. It's adequately structured despite the volume.
- Vince Camuto 'Decker Stripe' Side Ruched Top (Plus Size): Fitted and flattering on an hourglass with a small or regular bust. The diagonal stripes create a slimming visual effect. Great as a layering piece under a short jacket too. Looks good with black pants.
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Jordyn' Stripe Surplus Cotton Tee: The diagonal line on the colour blocked striped portion of the top visually narrows the waist. It's a clever design.
- ELOQUII Colorblock Peplum Top (Plus Size): A peplum top that works best on a small or regular size bust and hourglass.
- Talbots Varsity Stripe Jacket: A collegiate striped blazer with a good fit for curvy gals.
- ASOS Burgundy Colourblock Blouse: This blouse is best on Team Tall with black or white trousers or blue jeans. Very boxy so consider yourself warned.
- Nine West Striped & Ruched Sleeveless Dress: A pretty fit-and-flare for a curvy hourglass or pear shape. The diagonal striped waistband is forgiving on the midsection.
- 3/4-Sleeve Angled-Stripe Dress, Black/Ruby Coral: A body-con knitted frock for inverted triangle or rectangular body types.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.