Burgundy is a popular colour among my clients so it’s often on my radar. It’s fun to see the typical Fall and Winter shade work its way into Spring and Summer fashion. Combine it with the appropriate support act to wear burgundy throughout the year. Here are some burgundy items for late Summer and transitional weather.
- Banana Republic Double-Zip Wristlet: I love the wide wristband on this clutch for an extra modem touch. Banana Republic makes good-quality bags that are comparatively affordable at the price.
- Banana Republic Seamed Swing Tank: A sleeveless swing top to wear as is, layered under a jacket, or layered over a shirt or tee. Great on an apple or inverted triangle body type.
- KAS New York Picado Blouse: Pretty Boho Fabness. Might run a size big.
- Banana Republic BR Monogram Pleated Gaucho Pant: Dressy culottes to wear to the office. Style them the same way you would a flared skirt.
- Banana Republic Painterly Dot Blouse: A soft burgundy polka dot blouse to tuck into high-waisted jeans or trousers for some '70s action.
- United Nude Collection 'Jacky' Pointy Toe Bootie (Women): A colour blocked bootie with an architectural heel. Wear with cropped pants to showcase the heel and blocking detail. Do not cover it up!
- Chelsea28 Pleated Wide Leg Pants: Soft wide trousers that work well on a pear and hourglass figure.
- Talbots Refined Linen Notched-Collar Jacket: A Summer blazer that works well on a curvy body type. Keep the front unbuttoned.
- Madewell 'Ryder' Long Cardigan: A cozy long cardi to wear over jeans, trousers, a pencil skirt or sheath dress.
- Michael Sateen Asymmetrical Zip Trench Coat with Removable Hood & Liner (Online Only): A weatherproof, dressy and short trench coat with removable hood. Runs a size big.
- Bella-Vita 'Diza' Strappy Pump (Women): An elegant caged pump to wear with black ankle pants, jeans, dress or a skirt.
- Tibi Tie Sleeve Dress: A Modern Retro dress with a '60s and '70s vibe. Good on an apple, rectangle and inverted triangle body type.
- Rag & Bone / Jean 'The Dre' Slim Fit Boyfriend Jeans (Aged Wine): The well-loved Rag & Bone streamlined boyfriend jean - but this time - in burgundy. Works well on a curvy body type. Might run a size big.
- Leith Side Tie Wrap Sweater: A roomy wrap front pullover that runs large. Excellent over trousers for the office. Read the rave reviews.
- Bella-Vita 'Mod' Moto Bootie (Women): A polished and crisp studded ankle bootie with an on trend higher shaft. Stylish and quite comfortable.
- Zara Leather City Bag: A suede doctor's satchel. Modern Retro Fabness.
- Zara Leather Clutch With Fringes: A clutch with dramatic fringe. Makes a huge statement.
- J.Crew The petite downtown field jacket: J.Crew repeats its field jacket every season. It's made of a stiff fabric that is robust and weather resistant. The waist tabs adjust to create a more fitted silhouette. It's popular with my Seattle clients, and comes in black and olive too.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.