I happened to see several nice lilac pieces at J.Crew and it inspired me to make a roundup of items in the colour. Lilac and lavender are quite similar and I tend to use them interchangeably. Both are a pastel shade of purple. Some shades are more blue, and others more pink. Some lilacs are washed out and light, and some are mid-toned and saturated.
- J.Crew Metallic side-slit sweater: A metallic lilac pullover is a rare find. This one is rich, casual and fashionable.
- J.Crew Pre-order Metallic petal sweater: Combining lilac with yellow gold or rose gold is unexpected. Warm and vibrant.
- J.Crew Vans for J.Crew classic slip-on sneakers in suede: A suede slip-on sneaker that works for a wider foot. Soft and comfortable. Size down half a size.
- J.Crew Crackle leather d'Orsay flats: I could eat up this d'orsay flat the colour is THAT delicious, and my favourite shade of lilac. Size down half a size.
- J.Crew Embossed python clutch: A cool, crisp and modern clutch.
- NYDJ Fit Solution Wrap Front Blouse: A shaped lilac mock-wrap shirt that's good over straight or skinny bottoms. Good on a curvy body.
- Boden Button Back Cashmere Sweater: The back button, vent and colour block detailing make this piece more interesting.
- Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses: A classic in an unexpected colour.
- J.Crew Downing bucket bag: Mint green works well with lilac, and bucket bags look fresh for 2015. Good quality and size. Crisp and dressy.