It’s hard finding Summer tops that are sufficiently opaque to leave off the camisole. These styles have worked on clients when wearing a bra that is close to their skin tone, so no cami required. Look through all the colour options.
- Pleione Sleeveless Faux Wrap Blouse: This has been a workhorse for out of town clients who live in very hot weather. Yes, it’s a polyester blouse, but so far that hasn’t been a problem because it’s very roomy. Plus the polyester is super quality and feels silky. If the front falls too open for your liking, add a little fashion tape.
- Sandra Ingrish Sleeveless Dot Print Blouse: It’s the least sheer in the taupe, and looks best partially tucked in front for structure. Super soft rayon.
- T Tahari Ida Print Sleeveless Blouse: Very flattering on an apple or inverted triangle body type with a shorter neck and larger bust. The pattern is gorgeously chic, and the subtle front vent adds structured flare.
- Vince Camuto Faux Wrap Front Blouse: It’s a slamdunk over pencil skirts for the office. No topper required.
- Eileen Fisher Cap Sleeve Organic Linen & Cotton Scoop Neck Top: The sleeves are more diagonal than cap, which works better on most people. The split asymmetrical hem is flattering and interesting. The white is the most sheer, but quite doable sans cami. You might need to size down a size.
- Leith Oversized V-Neck Tee: You need broader shoulders and/or a larger bust to fill out the depth of the V-neckline, which can hang quite low. Best partially tucked for structure.
- Vince Camuto Burnout Animal Print Shirttail Blouse: The burnout pattern is actually quite see-through, but it hangs far enough away from the body that it looks decent sans camisole. My friend wore this over the weekend when we went out and you couldn’t see her nude bra. The fact that she isn’t large busted helped camouflage her bra.
- Michael Kors D-Ring Tab Bateau Neck Top: A good shape to wear over skirts. It poufs out when you sit down so consider yourself warned. Fab sleeve drape.
- Eileen Fisher Bateau Neck Sleeveless Tunic: I’m reposting this style because it’s that good. Even if you are regular height, order the petite if you have a slight frame. That will help give the top more structure.
- A.L.C. Clay Print Silk Top: I haven’t seen this one in person, but the double layer of fabric provides ample coverage. I love the structure on the welt and the fluid drape on the rest of the torso. The neck looks beautifully neat and the sleeves are a lovely fresh length.
For extra coverage when wearing tops sans camisole, choose darker colours instead of lighter ones.