Here’s an assortment of sleeved and sleeveless dresses, many of which are winners on my clients. Some of them are available in many colours and patterns, and in petite sizes.
- AllSaints Chale Dress: This dress doesn’t have much hanger appeal, but that changes when you try it on. It’s just flattering enough with its high-low hemline, diagonal sleeve, and hint of waistline. Breezy and fashionable. Excellent on an apple or inverted triangle body type. Wear with heeled ankle strap pumps or sandals.
- Felicity & Coco High-Low Hem Jersey Tank Dress: Another breezy dress that’s ideal for hot weather sans air conditioning. I love the way the front lifts a little higher to show more leg. Elegant in motion and also available in a pattern.
- Nicole Miller Stretch Linen Sheath Dress: This dress is repeated season after season because the fit is stunning on a rectangular or not too curvy hourglass body type. It’s made of a thick stretch-linen, which is quite unique. I bought one in turquoise four years ago and it’s still my go-to dressy Summer frock. It has a high longevity factor so I’ll keep it for many more happy years. Might run a size small.
- Maggy London Floral Print Cotton Sateen Fit & Flare Dress: I was launched into orbit when my client tried on this retro and romantic dress. Truly, the photo does not do the style or floral pattern justice. The flare does not pouf out, and the fabric is gorgeous. Check out the back cut-out detail. It can be worn with a regular bra and has fun side entry pockets. Might run a size large.
- Nic & Zoe Urban Twirl V-Neck Dress: A substantial Summer sweater dress that looks as good with a turtleneck and booties as it does on its own with sandals or pointy toe flats. Versatile.
- Adrianna Papell Shift Dress: A delightfully roomy number for apple and inverted triangle body types.
- Lands’ End Sleeveless Pattern Cotton Modal Keyhole Dress: A breezy and elegant midi that’s fab on pear shaped and hourglass ladies.
- Maggy London Print Jersey Shirtdress: Great on a short-waisted petite, and bless those sleeves.
- Boden Casual Tunic: A linen classic in an assortment of bold patterns. Pull-on-and-go if the length meets your requirement, or wear as a swimsuit cover-up. Also fab over skinnies as the weather cools down.
- Boden Edie Dress: Casually office appropriate with covered arms and sufficient length. Comfortable and machine washable. Good on an hourglass.
We’re having beautiful Summer weather in Seattle at the moment. Best I bust out the occasional dress and skirt before it’s cool and rainy again.