Tankinis are popular with my clients because they offer the coverage of a one-piece and the practicality of a two-piece swimsuit. Here’s a roundup of tried and tested tankini tops. Match them with basic swimsuit bottoms, boy shorts, board shorts or a swim skirt. Be sure the check all the colour options.
- Elomi Isis Layering Top (Plus): Slimming, streamlined and supportive.
- Seafolly Coastline Tankini Top: A retro style that doesn’t offer much support, unless you opt for the version for a larger bust line. Fab on a rectangular body type.
- Elomi Isis Bandeau Layering Tankini Top (Plus): I prefer this style to the Isis layering top because the swing silhouette is fun, forgiving on the midsection, and the white piping breaks up the expanse of black. Bandeau ties can be uncomfortable, so make sure you’re fine wearing a suit that has them.
- Lands’ End Beach Living Tapestry Shirred Tankini Top: A classic tankini style that does the job. Available in shorter and longer lengths.
- Lands’ End Beach Living Paisley Square Neck Tankini Top: This style is good for a plus size gal with a smaller bust.
- Lands’ End Regular Beach Club Tiered Tankini Top: A tiered style is great for midsection camouflage. It isn’t all that supportive in the bust, but offers sufficient coverage.
- Magicsuit Solar Eclipse Corynne Wire-Free Swim Tankini Top: A wire-free version for extra comfort.
- Fantasie Sante Fe Plunge Tankini Top: Fantasie swimsuits lift the girls as well as their bras do, so if you’re after a particularly flattering shape on the bust, Fantasie is one way to go.
Personally, I’m not fond of tankini tops because they just don’t create a tailored fit on my torso when the style is supposed to do precisely that. Of course, I could have them altered. But I tend to fit bikini tops quite easily now that we can purchase them in bra sizes, so that’s my preference. Do you like to wear tankini tops?