These items are tried and tested on myself or my clients, and some are already on sale. Be sure to browse through all the colour options.
- Zara Sweater with Asymmetric Hem: I bought this darling in blush and I love it. The crew neck is high and the fit on the fluid side of tailored. The fabric is crisp, and the asymmetric hem with slit quite flattering. It creates interesting lines under a boxy jacket. Runs small.
- Zara Flower Print T-Shirt: Here’s that great diagonal sleeve again. The fit is oversized and the patterns are bold so consider yourself warned. Add structure by partially tucking the front. Soft, breezy and fashionable.
- Julianne Hough for Sole Society Olyvia Pointed Toe Pump: These are very comfortable on low volume feet. Like WOW comfy thanks to super soft suede. They might work on a slightly higher volume foot, but will not work for wide feet. They are a similar fit to the Sam Edelman Okalas, but with a lower heel. The ankle strap is also positioned lower on the ankle which is more of an acquired taste. I bought them in the silver sconce and will wear them with skirts and boyfriend jeans. Read the rave reviews.
- Club Monaco Darla Stripe Sweater: Unfortunately, the photo does not do this style justice at all. It looked much better on my client than it does on the model. The top swings at the hem and has a fab back box pleat feature with a low back V. The back covers bra straps, with built-in bra strap keepers on the shoulder to hold your bra straps in place.
- Club Monaco Marlow Shirt: The photo does not do the blouse justice, which is even more striking in motion. The back knife pleat detailing drapes and swings with elegance. The front is simple and refined. Gorgeous fabric and like most items from Club Monaco, it’s well made. Arty, breezy and fun. Runs large.
- Franco Sarto Hawk d’Orsay Flat: One of the few flats with d’Orsay styling that stay on my feet. Soft, comfortable and very flat. Surprisingly, this worked well for both low and higher volume feet. Size down half size.
- AllSaints Drina Cardigan: An avant-garde piece that’s especially fab in the marbled cream for Spring, or to wrap over a top in arctic air conditioning during the Summer. The style looks best zipped up at the shoulder. A fun, unique style.
- Calvin Klein Sleeveless Shutter Pleat Dress: This dress is made for the small busted pear or hourglass body type. It’s very waist defining, and gently drapes over the hips and thighs. It also has a bit of length. Easy to launder, and pull-on-and-go.
- Ralph Lauren Short Sleeve Lace Illusion Dress: The photo makes the dress look formal, when it’s actually quite casual because the lace is cotton. It’s more of a crocheted dress than a dressy lace frock. The idea is bohemian, but the look is much crisper than that. It fell just above the knee on me so not that short. I love this dress and would have bought it if I lived in a warmer city. Great with metallic gladiators.
It won’t be long before Fall collections hit stores, which means that end of season sales for Spring and Summer are drawing near. Wow. Time flies faster each year.