Spring Fever has hit Seattle and we are ready to refresh our wardrobes. Below are some tried and tested items that have been winners for my clients, and I’ve bought the occasional item too. Be sure to look through all the colour options.
- Giove Leather Bootie: Super soft, made in Italy, and very comfortable. The textured leather is sublime, and the sole a great light colour. Fab pointy toe. Refined yet casual. A little distressed but still quite polished. Suited to orthotic inserts.
- Giove Leather Bootie: Another style by the same brand. A little glitz on the elastic inserts for Team Magpie and a versatile shade of taupe-grey. Also super soft, made in Italy, and very comfortable. Works for a wider foot.
- Frye Reina Bootie: A third casual bootie that’s quite refined. The angled vent in front is flattering on bare legs. The bootie is lightweight and also very comfy. Works for a wider foot.
- Textural Stripe Tunic: The photo does not do the style justice. The cotton is delicate and gorgeously textured with an ultra fine self-colour stripe. It could be just the shirt you need to create avant-garde layers. It looked stunning when my client layered over a soft pink oversized high-low pullover.
- Carter Flat: Pretty, ladylike and elongating as far as flats go. Comfortable, but runs half a size large.
- Vince Camuto Cutout Leather Sandal: Fun caged sandal.
- T Tahari Crystal Jacket: My client took my breath away in this number. It’s well made, and an excellent topper option for Spring. The insets are ink and the tweed is a mixture of white and light blue. Beautiful detailing and quite slimming despite its boxy cut.
- Boden Silk Linen Sweater: A fab sweater to wear untucked over skirts. It’s very breezy and lightweight. Note that Boden’s smallest size is a US 2, which fits like a US zero, so size up.
- Boden Mya Bag: The most crisp cross body bag in gold that I’ve seen. Well made and quite roomy.
- Boden Mid Heel Wedge: I thought these peds were going to be dreadfully uncomfortable because the leather is hard. But they softened up a lot after an hour. A great little heel height and fashionable pointy toe. Will not work on a wider foot, or feet with bunions.
- Boden Pencil: Gorgeous quality and fully lined. Very tailored but not overly tight. A US 2 fits like a US size zero so size up. A fun assortment of patterns.
- Boden Richmond Blazer: The best cropped striped jacket I’ve seen all season. Beautifully made and very crisp. Runs small.
- J. Brand 722 Love Story Jeans: I bought these flared jeans last week because I need a third denim silhouette to wear along with boyfriends and straight legs. They are dramatic, well made and very comfortable. Snug on the hips and thighs and voluminous from the knees down. I love the way the hems cover most of the shoe, other than a small portion of the toe box (I prefer extra long lengths on flared pant styles). To my eye this effect is ultra elegant. I’ll be wearing them with low pointy toe pumps so I need to have them hemmed (they run very long).
- Mother Runway Skinny Flared Jeans: I almost bought these because the light blue colour of the denim is gorgeous. They are softer and lighter in weight than the J.Brand Love Story’s. But I didn’t like the way the hems draped over the shoes, thereby showcasing too much of the foot. The effect was less elegant than the wider flare, but it might be more to your taste.
- Tommy Hilfiger Signature Logo Belt: The logo looks like a fun geometric pattern, and isn’t recognizable at all. It’s hard to find patterned belts in wide widths and this one fits the bill. My client bought the black and I bought the white.
I am enjoying Spring fashion more than Fall fashion, which is a first for me. I love the colours, the abundance of white, the crispness of the fabrics, and the closed footwear choices.