Top of my list for best dressed of the night is Ellen Degeneres, who wore her assortment of relaxed tuxedos to perfection. Ellen generally wows me with her style, and I was not disappointed. She made it a fun evening, taking selfies, ordering pizza and tweeting up a storm.
I was a little underwhelmed with the fashion on the red carpet. I much preferred the outfits at the Golden Globes ceremony earlier in the year. I’m particularly bored with strapless gowns and hope that there is more variety next year. That said, I did have my favourites.
- Naomi Watts was hands down my best for the night. Her glitzy Calvin Klein white column dress with sharp shouldered cap sleeves was magical for her petite rectangular frame. Loved her sleek long hair and geometric clutch. Modern, simple, elegant and absolutely killer.
- Amy Adams in an ink Gucci gown was stunning. Although I’m off formal strapless gowns, the drape and fit of this dress was couture at its best. My word, the fit was out of this world. I love orange matched with blue, so the ink was a superb match with Amy’s red hair.
- Olivia Wilde was breathtaking in a black Valentino maternity halter neck gown. It was especially stunning from the side, when it showcased flowing white panels. It also had pockets, which were fab.
- Portia de Rossi was gorgeous in a lacy cream Naeem Khan halter dress. I love the way the colours of the gown were repeated in her hair. Simply smashing.
Best Dressed Blokes
- Matthew McConaughey in a white tux with peek-a-boo black waistcoat was a breath of fresh air. I’m thrilled that he won Best Actor. And so was he.
- Jason Sudeikis was extra handsome in a slim-fit navy tux.
- Chiwetel Ejiofor was James Bond fabulous in a classic black tux.
- Jonah Hill gets my top vote for best fitting tux. The drape was impeccable and no pulling wrinkles. He looked amazing.
- Ellen Degeneres’ short and highly textured blonde pixie with slight wave was as divine as ever.
- Viola Davis’ finger waves are fabulously retro.
- Liza Minnelli‘s short jet black hair with cobalt streak was gorgeous.
- Sandra Bullock’s side swept cascading curls were beautiful.
- Penelope Cruz’s strict yet soft bun was stunningly elegant.
- Anne Hathaway’s fluid short hair was super chic.
Best Acceptance Speeches
Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o moved me to tears, so they were best in my book.
I was disappointed that American Hustle went home empty-handed because it was an extremely enjoyable movie. ‘70s fashion at its glamorous best.
Over to you. Who were your favourites of the night?