It’s fabulous that dark blue, from light navies to deep ink blues, is once again available in retail stores across most wardrobe items. I’m a huge fan of this dark neutral as an alternative to black and grey. Some of these items are available in colours other than dark blue.
- Halogen Leather Moto Jacket: It’s hard to find a dark blue leather jacket that looks equally good open and zipped up, but this one fits the bill. The vibe is more sporty-casual than dressy because of the topstitch detailing and stretch inserts on the underside of the sleeves.
- Halogen Twill Jacket: A very lightweight and fluid jacket with a fun notched collar.
- Halogen Three Quarter Sleeve Sweater: A simple sweater in a fluid fit and pretty neckline. Sometimes we ignore basic pieces like this because they’re boring. Yet they are often precisely the piece our wardrobe requires to complete a handful of outfits.
- Halogen Stretch Cotton Blend Pencil Skirt: A great skirt for the inverted triangle body type because it visually broadens the hip and thigh area.
- Vince Camuto Bootie: Sleek, pretty, comfortable and unexpectedly dark blue. Read the rave reviews.
- Vince Camuto Smart Denim Asymmetrical Zip Skirt: A pencil skirt with a difference. Fun look for date night or the like. The front vent creeps up when you sit down, and your legs will feel a little exposed as you stride, so consider yourself warned.
- Brahmin La Scala Arden Satchel: A stunning structured bag with a retro quality. The tassel is removable.
- French Connection Runaway Clutch: Modern and elegant.
- Eileen Fisher Wool Poncho Top (Plus): Drapes like a dream. Great neckline for a shorter neck and larger bust. Needs an underlayer because it’s sheer.
- Sejour Faux Leather Trim Jersey Tee (Plus): It’s a shame that the photo does not do this piece justice because it’s a super fit on an hourglass and pear shape body type. The top hangs too wide if you’re narrower on the hip. Gorgeous fabric and colour.
- T Tahari Deanna Sheer Pinwheel Lace Jacket: The prettiest lace moto jacket I’ve seen. It’s well made and not as delicate as it looks. Perfect over a black column of colour or with a white tank, jeans and pumps.
- Classiques Entier Sleeve Glen Plaid Jacket: A mixed media darling that works for apple shaped body types. Structured, professional and comfortable.
- Kate Spade Millie Woven Blazer: Bold, beautifully made and very crisp. The fit errs on the fluid side of tailored which I find very flattering.
- Tsubo Rylee Flat: Ink blue patent is a rare find and here it is. A comfortable laceless oxford with a Jil Sander integrity. Sporty yet elegant and modern. Read the rave reviews.
- Vince Stripe Linen Tee: A timeless Summer sweater in a breezy slubby knit with pretty neckline. Very Euro and pretty timeless.
- Topshop Textured Sweater: Non-scratch and an inexpensive way to sport the round shoulder trend. Fab over a pencil skirt or with baggier bottoms.
Dark blue works well with shades of orange or green. I also love it with black or white. It’s super with blue denim and light blue. Or with mint, lilac or blush. It’s also rich with dark shades of purple or tomato red.