Embellished pullovers with sparkle or extra texture that can be worn with trousers, skirts, jeans or dressy shorts come in handy during the holiday season as a way to stay warm and look festive. They’re an easy pull-on-and-go with bottoms, dressy shoes and clutch.
- Topshop Embellished Neck Sweater: A fluid pullover with an embellished neckline. Simple and effective. I vote berry and nude as alternative options to grey.
- Topshop Crew Neck Sweater: Synthetic fabrications have their advantages because this fuzzy darling does not itch. I love mohair and angora knitwear, but I’m highly allergic to it. Here’s one way to get the look for less sans the discomfort. I bought the chartreuse and have my eye on the light blue. Super soft and cuddly.
- Topshop Animal Print Burnout Top: Layer it over a camisole. Covered, but still quite breezy.
- Marc Jacobs Trompe L’Oeil Sweater: My client is going to wear this sweater untucked to informal cocktail parties with the Halogen leather A-line skirt, finishing off the look with pointy pumps, hose and clutch. She looks like a million bucks, and will be comfortable all evening.
- Pure Amici Sequined Cashmere Turtleneck: The beading is subtle and not scratchy. Better than sequins, which I do find scratchy. The fit is tailored, so size up if you prefer a slouchier look. I bought this in cream and it does not irritate my skin. Great shorter sleeve length, just for a change.
- Sejour Wool Blend Sweater (Plus): Striking and fashionable with a great pair of jeans.
- Free People Sequin Leopard Stripe Pullover: A little more boho and relaxed, but just as festive.
- Sequin Funnel Neck Sweater: Understated, interesting, arty and chic.
- Halogen Embellished Sweater (Plus): Similar to the Topshop style, but with a lower neckline and chunkier jewels.
- Halogen Foiled Sweater: Relaxed sci-fi bling.
- Vince Camuto Rosette Front Sweater: Valentino-esque and sweet over a pencil skirt or dressy shorts.
- Nic & Zoe Back Drape Sweater (Plus): The front is streamlining and the back extra fun. Great for gals with shorter hair.
- Eileen Fisher Asymmetrical Sweater Tunic (Plus): Match this tunic with neck bling, skinnies, heels and clutch, and you’re casual party ready.
- Kenzo Floral Print Sweater: It looks better in person because the drape is sublime. An eye-catching pattern in a simple silhouette. Let the richness of the fabric and the pattern do the talking.
- Hinge Lace Inset Blouson Sleeve Sweater: A lightweight, Edwardian option.
- Maje Dyonisos Embellished Sweater: The unusual placement of the embellishment creates an interesting effect. It makes the upper torso look tailored despite its roomy fit around the waist. Might need to size up.
- Karen Kane Riviera Lace Top: An extra comfy option for the relaxed party occasion. Pretty lace sweatshirt style. Might need to size down.
Embellished items can be tricky to launder and dry clean. Popping them into a pillowcase on the delicates cycle in the machine is one option.