This combination might be too informal for work, in which case wear it in more casual settings. It’s virtually flop proof and works well in air conditioning.
Boyfriend Jeans + Summer Jacket + Semi Tucked Layering Top + Belt + Statement Sandals
These items represent components of the smart casual outfit formula. Semi tuck or faux tuck the tops, and mix and match as you please.
- Vince Camuto Leaf Eyelet Blazer: If you’re looking for a slightly retro all Summer blazer that’s tailored and versatile – this could be it. It’s also fab over Summer frocks because of its length and fitted shape. I vote acid green, but the black might be more your thing. Runs true to size, and is fab on petites.
- Sejour Barre Tweed Jacket (Plus): A fresh textured jacket with a sleek modern cut. I like the diagonal direction of the stripes on the neckline.
- Free People Cutwork Linen Blend Jacket: Boho, pretty, and a little bomber-esque. Great on a short neck and full bust when worn open.
- Sejour Ruched Cotton Tee (Plus): A flattering and versatile wardrobe essential. Stunning colours.
- Splendid Deep V Half Sleeve Tee: Here’s another V-neck, which these days are a rarity. Nice sleeve length.
- Topshop Fleck Tee: An oversized shape for those who like to semi tuck with slouch.
- AG Tomboy Crop Stretch Jeans (Blue Crush): These roll a little shorter than most boyfriend jeans and are dark denim. Read the rave reviews.
- Mavi Emma Slim Boyfriend Jeans (Summer Nolita): These roll a little longer than most boyfriend jeans, and are fab for Fall.
- Michael Kors Logo Charm Metallic Leather Belt: One of the few wide metallic belts available this season, which is why it makes my top picks list for the second time.
- Fossil Perforated Leather Belt: A refined bohemian belt in a pretty tan, but also available in black.
- Gentle Souls Sundae Sandal: A chunky glitzy ’70s baby platform that’s extremely comfortable.
- Ramona T-Strap Sandal: This wedge is more refined and very structured on the foot. Read the rave reviews.
Substitute the sandals for pumps, and the tee for a shirt or blouse if that’s more your style. The version with the shirt and pointy toe pumps has been my Summer uniform with and without the topper.