Earlier this week I posted about sassy sneakers and one or two commenters pointed out that my examples were quite high-end. Indeed, I was using designer brands because Net-a-Porter’s illustrations did such a great job of capturing the outfit combinations. But the trend is completely mainstream so there are lots of budget-friendly options too. Today I’m covering price points below $100, and some are even in the vicinity of $40. Some are flat and some are heeled.
- Puma Sport Fashion MY-66: These take me straight back to the ’80s. Retro, sturdy, well-made and supportive. Also available in blue and white.
- MIA Axel: A little bling for our Magpies. Also available in off-white.
- Call it Spring Luxenee: The Ash-look-alike at a fraction of the price. No laces make them easier to slip on and off.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star: This iconic sneaker needs no introductions. Pop in a cushioning insole for extra comfort. Be sure to look at all the colour options.
- Skechers Plus 3-Rebound: Another Ash-look-alike with laces. These styles take a little longer to pull on and off, so consider yourself warned. Very comfy, and you might need to size down half a size.
- Skechers Plus 3- Raise The Bar: No laces, which make them an easier fit. Fab colours and read the rave reviews.
- Steve Madden Olympiaa: I like the light coloured sole, but it does have laces that require fastening. Read the rave reviews.
- Converse Pro Leather Vulc Hi: A little more masculine, but the leather upper adds some chic.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi-Ness: I bought these in white because they are simple, sterile, refined and iconic. I sized up half a size from the usual size I take in Chucks and added a cushioning insole. I love the baby wedge, and the fact that they look so neat and crisp. I’d have preferred these to be leather because that would have made them more comfortable, but the canvas is not bad at all.
- Steve Madden Twynkle: These are for Team Stud. They have ankle zips so they are very easy to take on and off. No need to hassle with laces.
- Ecco Sport Agua Sport: A little more athletic looking, but fun in the yellow. The toggle fastening is extra practical.
- Chuck Taylor All Star Leopard Stud High Top Sneaker: A little animal print for the pattern lovers.
- Material Girl Jumper Sneakers: These are roomy in the toe box and extremely comfy. The zipper allows for fast pull on and removal. They are leather and vegan-friendly. Warning: the gold on the black option is very gold.
- Sugar Orbic Studded Sneakers: Also very comfy, roomy in the toe box and vegan-friendly. More easy access with the side zipper feature.
- R2 Ardsley Wedge Sneakers: Another Ash-look-alike in a synthetic leather with side zipper access.
- Vans SK8-Hi Core Classics: Another classic that needs no introduction. Read the rave reviews.
- Vans SK8-Hi Reissue: Fun in red and I do like a real leather sneaker.
- Cole Haan Air Bria Sneakers: A little refined gold for Team Sci-Fi.
There you go — eighteen more affordable sassy sneakers. And if you are stuck for inspiration on how to wear them, my pinboard captures compelling street style shots of everyday people in stylish sneaker action.
If you fancy the concept then let us know in the comments which of these options you like best.