Sleeved dresses in sturdier fabrications are still few and far between, especially if you’re after a style in a longer length. Although most of these dresses are still above the knee, remember that the models are tall, and that the dresses could fall at a longer length on you.
- Eliza J Blouson Sleeve Belted A-Line Dress: The colour is delicious. Grecian meets Mod. Loving the fitted cut that’s just ever so slightly loose.
- Eliza J Split Cuff Boatneck Shift Dress: Here’s the same fabrication in a different silhouette. A little more modern, less flirty and just my cup of tea. I love this dress!
- Michael Kors ‘Chain’ Shirtdress: Great in Summer with sandals, and fab in Fall with boots.
- Eliza J Side Three Quarter Sleeve Drape Jersey Dress: Looks equally fab on straight and curvy body types.
- Nicole Miller Illusion Sleeve Lace Overlay Sheath Dress: Nicole Miller generally makes stunning sheath dresses and this is no exception. The neckline is low, but you could wear a bra with a built-in lace inset from Soma Intimates if you’d prefer more coverage.
- Anne Klein Ombré Zebra Print Dress: Ideal for broad shouldered lasses and those with a fuller bust. If you have dainty shoulders and a long neck like I do, this wide scoop neckline is NOT flattering.
- Vince Camuto Dolman Sleeve Print Dress: Again, you need broad shoulders and/or a full bust to fill out this type of dress. I love the casual elegance of the style. Fab over skinnies too.
- Eliza J Stripe Fit & Flare Dress: A flirty classic with fun back detailing.
I’ve been so into trousers for the last few years that I’ve barely given frocks a glance for my own style, especially because so many of them have been flimsy and too short. I might be a devil and snap up a frock for Summer. Or I might stick to full skirts.