Nordstrom’s end of Spring and Summer 2012 sale is here. It is not to be confused with their Anniversary Sale in July, which is when brand new Autumn and Winter items are bought in at discounted prices for a short period of two weeks.
There is a LOT on offer. Here are my top clothing picks:
- Tadashi Shoji Asymmetrical Ruched Mesh Dress(Petite): Fits beautifully and has sleeves. Slimming, contouring and forgiving. Remember that you can virtually never find fab cocktail wear when you’re hunting it down. Having something ready in your wardrobe is a great idea. Although it’s petite, it will fit regular height gals too.
- Rachel Pally White Label Short Caftan Dress (Plus): This dress is available every year because it’s a winner. Great fit, flattering length, alluring and comfortable.
- BOSS Black Belted Shirtdress: Gorgeous colour, thick fabric and slightly stretchy. Exquisite quality.
- Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique Belted Cap Sleeve Sheath Dress: Great drape, substantial fabric, cool belt and nice colour.
- Silver Jeans Co. Thick Stitch Stretch Denim Capris (Juniors): The rise is low and they run quite small. Great for petites.
- Silver Jeans Co. ‘Tuesday’ Denim Capris (Indigo Wash — Juniors): Fab pair of cropped jeans. LOVE the length shown on the model.
- KUT from the Kloth ‘Bardot’ Skinny Boyfriend Jeans (Transform Wash): Another fab pair of slightly more relaxed cropped jeans.
- KUT from the Kloth Skinny Boyfriend Jeans: These fit tighter than the ones above. Stay away from this style if you have a wider calf.
- Nic + Zoe Chambray Flirt Skirt: A flared denim-rich skirt for a change. Nice vertical seaming and interesting panels.
- Phillip Lim Silk Crêpe de Chine Pants: Fun trousers with zippers, patches and drawstring waist. Zip up the zippers and pull up the hems for a pouffy harem pants effect.
- Mimi Chica ‘Challis’ Slouchy Tapered Crop Pants (Juniors): So cute. Perfect for hot weather.
- St. John Collection Slouchy Crepe Pants: Stunning drape and quality. Elegant and fashion forward. Also available in slate.
- Nanette Lepore ‘First Crush’ Pleated Pencil Skirt: A skirt with a little more length and fab pleated hemline detail.
- Nic + Zoe ‘Painted Stripe Flirt’ Skirt: The stitched down pleats up top give this a great fit. Cool and covered.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Stripe Tee with Ruched Zip Side: Crisp, clean basic.
- Vince Camuto Zigzag Tiered Jersey Top: Wear it on it’s own, layered over a button down shirt, or under a topper.
- Weekend Max Mara ‘Nice’ Tunic Shirt: Fun over slim bottoms or as a bathing suit cover up. Love the pockets.
- St. John Collection Fitted Blouse: If it doesn’t overwhelm my small frame, I’ll take one of these please. Dramatic, clean and beautiful.
- Foxcroft Long Sleeve Shaped Tunic (Plus): Foxcroft makes the best button down shirts for plus sizes. Truly.
- Bobeau Drape Neck Shirt: Lightweight, airy and does not require a camisole. Stunning shade of green.
- Nanette Lepore Stripe Jacket: Impeccably tailored and very bold. Very strong shoulder line. It’s also quite short so consider yourself warned. I’m thinking hard about whether I’ll add this cheerful piece into my wardrobe because it pulled at my heartstrings. Runs small.
- T Tahari ‘Mariella’ Jacket (Petite): So elegant it hurts. Looks best buttoned-up.
- Elie Tahari Exclusive for Nordstrom ‘Melissa’ Contrast Trim Jacket (Nordstrom Exclusive): A well cut jacket. Great on a regular height or tall, inverted triangle body type.
- Gibson Structured One Button Jacket: I have many happy clients in this jacket because it’s soft, stretchy, casual and has a longer back hem.
Be sure to browse through all the colour options. Call Nordstrom customer service if your size is no longer available online, or just get to the stores and try stuff on! Top picks for footwear and accessories are on their way.