Here is an assortment of my favourite denim jackets that won’t break the bank, all tried and tested on clients. A few of the styles are seasonal basics that retailers carry every year, which means I’m not the only one who gives them a big thumbs up. Read the reviews. Some of my clients are wearing their Levis Trucker jackets into their fifth year, and their KUT and Jag jackets into their third and fourth years. Love that.
The keys to a fabulous denim jacket are (1) a tailored fit and (2) a somewhat cropped length, and these styles fit the bill. Be sure to browse through all the wash and colour options:
- American Eagle Denim jacket: Runs small and is particularly great for petites. Very faded and distressed.
- BP Essential Denim Jacket: Also runs small and comes in a variety of washes.
- KUT from the Kloth Denim Jacket: Runs a little bigger and is excellent for a curvier gal.
- Express Oiler Denim Jacket: Runs small and is really fitted.
- Old Navy Women’s Plus Size Denim Jacket: A great shape that runs true to size. The pocket position is particularly flattering if you have a larger bust.
- Levis Juniors Denim Trucker Jacket: The classic and runs large. It’s not as fitted as some the other styles but well worth a look.
- Jag Jeans Denim Jacket (Petite): Runs true to size and is a great basic for both petites and regular sized gals who like their denim jackets extra cropped.
- Gap 1969 Denim Jacket: Another classic that’s a little more fitted than the Levis Trucker.
If you don’t mind spending more on a denim jacket, I also highly recommend looking at this season’s styles by Paige Premium, Hudson, Rag & Bone, J Brand, Diesel, AG and Club Monaco. Some of them are super soft and have a little stretch for extra comfort. Feel free to add to my list in the comments section.