Here’s a little lightweight weekend browsing. I’ve seen all these items on bodies and can vouch for their fit and fabrications. Be sure to take a look at all the colour options.
- DV by Dolce Vita ‘Jamison’ Boot: The orange and the teal colourways just about launched me into orbit, AND they are comfortable. Add an insole for extra cushioning. If Spring is chilly in your neck of the woods, this type of footwear is a great way to stay warm and refresh your look. Remember that waterproofing spray works wonders. Size up half a size.
- Wit and Wisdom Skinny Jeans: High girdling rise, dark wash, soft denim and quite stretchy. Size down a size.
- Olivia Moon Knit Blazer (Plus): Casual and comfortable, but still quite tailored. Nice colour.
- KUT from the Kloth Denim Jacket: Fab wardrobe workhorse.
- Vince Camuto Ruffle Sleeve Blouse: I am generally off ruffles, but the sleeves of this blouse are stunning. Looks much better on the body than on the hanger. The ruffles move as you stride and it’s awfully romantic. Perfect with leather bottoms.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Metallic Linen Anorak (Plus): I love this glitzy, yet sporty topper. It’s interesting, relaxed and trendy.
- AE Denim Jacket: This jacket is fab for petites. It runs small and is significantly cropped.
- 1969 Pocket Shirt: A denim shirt with micro polka dots. Sublime! I popped this onto a friend yesterday and we both squealed with glee. It’s well made, has stretch, and runs large so size down.
- Striped Buttoned Boatneck T: A superb and versatile classic.
- Gold Button Sweater Jacket: At last. A change from the basic cardigan. Super fit and fab fabric handle. Orange gets my top vote but I’m warning you — it’s really bright (the orange is sold out online, so check in stores).
- Heritage Shimmer Cardigan: This looks amazing and vintage-y over a denim shirt or sheer blouse. The photo does not do the item justice. I vote taupe, but the cocoon looks fabulous over a white top.
- Soft-Wash Denim Shirt: I have this denim shirt and adore it. It’s rugged, dark, plain and pretty roomy, although the side seams are shaped. I love buttoning this shirt all the way to the top. Runs true to size.
- Perfect Shirt in Gingham: Crisp and ideal for pattern and texture mixing.
- Polly Popover in Stripe Crepe de Chine: It is tunic length, although that does not come across in the photo. Stunning drape and perfectly boxy. This will be mine as soon as the weather warms up.
- Ultimate Double Weave Hourglass Jacket: This jacket has a gorgeous ’80s power suit appeal. It looks as though it’s double breasted, but it’s single breasted. It’s also quite stretchy so the comfort factor is there. Work it into this outfit formula and you’ll be set.
- Leather Trim Short Sleeve Topper: It’s not an easy style to wear because it’s quite severe, stiff and voluminous. But if you can make it work, it’s devastatingly dramatic and mod. I much preferred this topper closed as opposed to unzipped.
- Promenade Coat: Cheerful, chic and very polished. Looks even better buttoned up.
I’ve had my fill of cropped and ankle length pants and it’s only the start of the season. This item is hard to wear in a flattering way and it’s EVERYWHERE. Complete retail overkill.