It is with great pleasure that we introduce the new KarenKane.com!
Michael Kane, son to founders Karen and Lonnie, had the complex task of launching Karen Kane’s first online store. My head is spinning just thinking about the time, energy and stress that went into this project. Congratulations, Michael!
The assortment is deliberately small to begin with, but will grow each month as traffic builds up. It was a real challenge coming up with the right range of items to launch the site. Michael didn’t want to overstock the store upon launch, but he also needed to provide a good taste of the whole collection. So Karen Kane supplied the store with the type of merchandise they produce for “A doors”, or top stores in the nation, like Macy’s Herald Square in NYC. In future they will also include items that are exclusive to the online store, and I can’t wait for those goodies to appear.
The launch merchandise is a fabulous mix. Of course, I have my personal favourites:
- Side Wrap Halter Top: A versatile piece that works on it’s own or layered under a jacket. Great for casual or career wear. Nice in burgundy.
- Blouson with Beaded Scroll: This reminds me of the Elves in Lord of the Rings. So fab! I can see it work over a pencil skirt and jeans too. I love how a black camisole gives this blouse extra body.
- Pleated Neck Belted Dress: Simple, elegant, chic and easy to wear. Wear it on it’s own or pop it over skinnies or leggings.
- Palm Print Dress: A no-brainer easy style in a pretty colour. I’d wear it with little ballet flats and a denim jacket.
- Dark Rinse Jegging: Soft and stretchy, and just look at the length of that girdling high rise.
- Raw Seam Godet Skirt: Elegant and comfortable. I’d front knot my denim shirt with this skirt and add my sling back wedges.
- Pencil SLV Ruffle Shoulder Top (Plus): Something different and with a sleeve!
- Extended Black Hem Dress (Plus): A signature Karen Kane piece that’s as comfy as your sweats, but a lot more stylish.
The site will be loaded with new product on July 27, in time with the launch of Fall collections. So as with any online shopping destination, it’s worthwhile to keep checking back. Karen Kane will also be launching the online store for their more contemporary label “Fifteen-Twenty” in the Fall.
To kick off the launch, Karen Kane is offering a 20% discount code for all YLF members until 8 July. Just use the promo code YOULOOKFAB when you make your purchase. I am off to purchase some fab new stuff.