My favorite footwear styles fall into two categories: those I love to wear, and those I wish I could wear. My fussy feet prefer a flexible, cushiony, closed shoe. Preferably flat, or no higher than two inches. I have given up on anything that has a strap or is strappy.
The ones I love to wear:
- Boots. My all time favourite footwear because they’re comfortable and dramatic (I’m daring with my boot styles). I would wear boots everyday if I could. Living in Seattle gives me plenty of opportunity and I’m not complaining.
- Dressy ballet flats. They are versatile, practical and fun. They always do the distance.
- “Chuck Taylor” Converse sneakers. There is no substitute for this retro sneaker look.
- Chunky round-toed pumps. The heels are stable and the look suits my personal style. They are funkier than thin heeled, pointy-toe shoes.
- Fluffy slippers. Because our hardwood floors are hard and because Rosie likes to chew on them.
The ones I wish I could wear:
- Chunky peep-toe pumps
- Strappy wedge sandals with broad ankle straps
- Dainty thong sandals
- Shoes with exaggerated buckle detailing
- Gladiator sandals
Which footwear styles are your favourites and why? (If anyone says running shoes I’m going to faint).