Each season there’s a handful of items that everyone can integrate into their wardrobe to keep their look updated, hip and current. It’s just a question of finding the versions that are right for you. Here’s my top 10 list for this season:
- Boots, boots, boots kick any outfit up a notch and I can’t stress this point enough. Booties, ankle boots, calf-high and knee-high boots either casual or dressy are statement pieces and absolute winners.
- Clutches are “the bag of the season” and they don’t need to cost the earth. You’ll get away with a perfectly fine looking $30 clutch for an “of the moment” going out look.
- Patent shoes or handbag (or both), because the trend has been around for 3 consecutive seasons and there’s no end in sight for Spring. It’s time to indulge in black, a colour or crinkle versions of high shine.
- Party capsules are essential at this time of year because you don’t want to be caught unprepared for a fancy event. Invest in the right party pieces and you’ll wear them over and over again.
- Comfy tunics allow us to move around freely and stylishly, so make this season’s voluminous trend work for you. Either over jeans, with leggings and flats, or with hose and knee-high boots.
- Dark straight leg jeans (or skinnies) go hand in hand with voluminous tops and therefore can not be ignored.
- Lantern sleeve top or jacket, because this type of volume is easy to wear and interesting to look at.
- Trenches are timeless and they work in Spring, or as your only Winter coat if your Winters are mild. Think beyond the traditional Burberry style trench because there are countless options to suit all fashion personas.
- Winter coats add a level of polish and sophistication to any ensemble. Casual or smart, long or short, trendy or classic, a Winter look is not complete if you don’t have the perfect coat (remember the 3 coat complement if you prefer a tight wardrobe).
- Something bright in either a top, coat, shoe, handbag, scarf, hat or all of the above to celebrate the glorious resurgence of colour.
Spring fashions hit stores in February so there’s still time to work through this list.