A pair of casual knee- or calf-length weatherproof boots are a must if your Winters are cold and wet. They’re usually best worn over straight or skinny jeans, but under a casual dress or skirt with tights is also an option.
Causal tall boot selections are abundant this season.Take your pick of the following styles:
- Wellies are ideal for muddy playgrounds, farm settings and walks with the dogs. You might need to try on a few before you decide on a pair because rubber can be a little stiff around the ankle. I’ve found that wellies are most flattering when they are knee-length instead of calf-length, so be sure to try both looks.
- Lace-ups are rugged and sporty and a particularly good choice for those with narrow calves.
- Fleece-lined boots are cozy and toe toasting. Select a style with rubber heels and soles to keep the warmth in and the damp out.
- Faux fur styles are adorable and perfect for snowy après ski settings.
- Urban looks with rubber soles are versatile, utilitarian and the perfect Winter walking shoe.
Your look comes together quickly with a pair of great casual boots because they do all the talking. Add a flattering piece of knitwear, a casual parka or coat and a tote or sling bag and that’s it. Your outfit is functional, comfortable and stylish. Easy!