I was in J.Crew today and they are offering 25% off an entire purchase until June 24th. I find that J.Crew’s sizing, quality and pricing is mixed, but I still shop there frequently for myself and with clients. I’m drawn to their colour selection, especially when other retailers are focused on neutrals. I also enjoy their simple, crisp designs and adore the knitwear. So here’s a little roundup of my top picks.
- Maritime Blazer in Placed Stripe: A knitted style that’s comfy and stretchy. Fitted, but feels like sweats. Casual and structured.
- Denim Vest in Workwear Wash: I really liked the fit and quality of this vest amidst a sea of denim vests in retail.
- Ikat Popover: An arty and eye-catching print in a lightweight casual fabrication.
- Telegraph Skirt: This is the longest pencil skirt in retail. It fits beautifully and is knee covering without being midi length. Highly recommended for tall girls
- Collection Cashmere Tippi Sweater in Monarch: I have my eye on this one. How fun to wear this with animal print shoes and white jeans or black lace skirt.
- Sparkle Crewneck Sweater: It’s unfortunate that the picture does not do this dainty item justice. It’s ultra refined and pretty, the sparkle soft and subtle.
- Linen-Cotton Drawstring Pants: These are perfect for hot weather. They’re loose enough to be breezy but structured in the right place to not look overly schlumpy. I love the tapered leg with the rolled hem.
- Darby Suede Loafers: Extremely soft, just like slippers. Fits an orthotic.
- Darby Cap Toe Loafers: These are the closest I’ve seen to the Celine loafers I fell in love with last year. A little Chanel-esque too.
- Lillian Suede Low Wedges: The suede makes these delightfully comfortable. Works for a wider foot and size down half a size.
- Viv Metallic Flats: On trend and versatile. Not nearly as soft as the suede but not bad at all.
- Leather Colorblock Passport Case: Make your passport easy to spot by dressing it up in this little outfit.
- Leather Colorblock Luggage Tag: Spot your luggage right away with these tags.
- Havana Clutch: I almost bought this little wicker darling, but my wallet wouldn’t fit. It’s beautifully made, retro and so very Summery.
Also, if you’re a tall girl, J.Crew does extra long lengths in Tall trousers, jackets, skirts and tops. My six foot clients happily wear heels with flared suiting pants because of the additional inseam length.