Stacy London, co-host of TLC’s “What Not To Wear” shared five tips for looking your best in the August edition of People: Style Watch magazine:
- Know yourself: “Accept your body type for what it is”. Embrace your size and find what works for you.
- Fit is key: Once you have found the cuts that flatter your body type, have them altered for perfect fit.
- Don’t fall back on black: Other colours, like navy, charcoal grey and chocolate brown are also slimming. Also, cut is more important than colour.
- Ignore labels: Brand and size labels are secondary. The fit of the garment is the important thing.
- Good posture is essential: “Stand with your shoulders back, boobs out and tummy in.”
These are superb tips. I see some overlap with my post on how to look slimmer in your clothes. I also believe that polish makes a huge difference to one’s appearance. A fabulous haircut goes an especially long way.
There’s one other key ingredient to looking your best: confidence, an accessory that can’t be bought. In most cases, you only look as good as you feel. Looking good makes you feel fabulous; but feeling fabulous makes you look even better.