Team Jewel Tones will rejoice with the influx of purple, teal, fuchsia, burgundy, jade, and cobalt as we head further into the Autumn and Winter 2023/2024 season. At the moment, purple and burgundy are abundant.
The items below delighted my clients, with a few non-jewel-toned items at the end. Be sure to browse the colour and size options by going to the product pages.
- White House Black Market Long Sleeve Topstitch Satin Blouse: If you enjoy V-neck blouses that aren't too long or boxy, try this one. The neckline isn't too low, and the sleeves are super pretty. Looks great untucked. Comes in other colours.
- White House Black Market Puff Sleeve V-Neck Pull Over: This sweater looked fabulous on my curvy clients. Fitted but gently fluid so that it doesn't cling. It has an acrylic component, which might be a deal-breaker.
- White House Black Market Sleeveless Pleat V-neck Shell: A fab little shell top to wear under jackets and over bottoms. Very neat neckline. No need to tuck, but size down. Runs big.
- White House Black Market Mesh Turtleneck: A visually effective layering piece for under jackets. Needs a camisole if it's too sheer. Gorgeous pattern.
- White House Black Market Sleeveless Smocked V-Neck Pleated Midi Dress: A dress that worked on a range of body types because of a very forgiving fit. It's crease-resistant, easy to launder, and fab to pack for a trip. Looks as good with jacket and boots.
- White House Black Market WHBM Tweed Stylist Jacket: A teal, pink and purple tweed jacket with silver hardware that works well on Team Cool Tones. Fab on a curvier figure.
- Loft Faux Suede Moto Midi Pocket Skirt: A lovely '70s style skirt that works well on Team Curvy. Glides over hips, butt and thighs. Might need to size down. Great price.
- Wit & Wisdom 'Ab'Solution Skyrise Wide Leg Pants: These are more purple than red in person, and drape well due to the rayon content of the fabric. Lovely soft flowing yet substantial material. They fit a range of body types because of a forgiving fit, and are full length on most. They have a self-fabric tuxedo stripe. Might need to size down. I bought the navy to replace a pair of travel pants for long flights that bit the dust.
- Aimee Kestenberg The Day Dream Leather Satchel: Teal Satchel with Silver Hardware fabness. Polished in a relaxed way.
- HOBBS LONDON Saskia Trench Coat: KILLER stunning magenta trench coat that is as beautifully made as a Burberry. It does not have a hood, and hangs well with the tie left undone.
- Hobbs Jude Coat: A stunning tailored teal coat at a versatile length. It cannot accommodate chunky knitwear, so it's for Team Prefers it Sleek.
- Nordstrom Signature Cashmere V-Neck Sweater: A comfy and cosy oversized sweater with a refined touch. V-neck does not hang too low.
- AG Farrah Raw Hem High Waist Bootcut Jeans: If you're looking to update your bootcut jeans, these have been winners on most clients because of the fab fit and almost uniform wash. Many bootcut jeans seem to be knee-grabbing, but these have sufficient width on the knee area.
- M&S Collection Pure Merino Wool Colour Block Jumper: Graphic Fabness at a great price. I got this and it feels gorgeously refined against the skin. Fit is quite narrow, especially on the sleeves. Comes in a black-cream-toffee option.
- Madewell Alna V-Neck Sweater: If you wear seafoam well, this is a good sweater for a shorter waist. Can work well on petites.
- White House Black Market Long Sleeve Smocked Printed Blouse: This boho-inspired blouse looked fantastic on apple-shaped clients with flared jeans.
- White House Black Market Long Sleeve Tie Neck Blouse: The pattern on this blouse is a work of art, and awfully pretty. The neck tie is detachable which is a nice feature. Might need to size down.
- Ann Taylor Mock Tie Neck Puff Sleeve Top: A '70s blouse that looks great under a blazer. Comes in other colours.
- Ted Baker London Raychi Floral Pleated Midi Skirt: A moody floral skirt that works straight into the Dark Romance theme. Fab with a black sweater and shoes. Dress it up or down, wear it for the festive season, and beyond.
- Eileen Fisher Shawl Collar Wool Coat: Warm, long, substantial, and a fab sweater coat for Team Tall. Far less structured than a woven coat, and soft and cosy too.
- Eileen Fisher Long Sleeve Silk Blouse: A classic blouse that looks as good tucked as it does untucked. Works well on apple-shaped body types untucked. Gorgeous shade of plum.
- Brooks Brothers Wool Twill Windowpane Jacket: Fab for Team Short Blazer, and works well on a curvier body type. Beautful quality. The crisp geometric pattern and shorter length gives it a cheeky collegiate vibe.
- Boden The Marylebone Velvet Blazer: Boden does velvet blazers every year, which tend to work well if you are not broad in the shoulder. Impeccable quality. There is a fun bright pink too.
- COS Lightweight Merino-wool Turtleneck Dress: I bought this dress as a nod to the sweater dress trend and love it! Warm, cosy, modern, and easy. It's brighter in person, and more of a moss green than an olive. It's very fluid up top but not overwhelming. I have narrow shoulders that do not carry oversized looks well, so that is telling. Genius cut. The bottom half tapers to temper the volume. Not clingy. The side slits are not too long. They do not fall open awkwardly when seated. I'm 5 ft 6 and the dress is a fab midaxi length. Not too long. Comes in black.
- Ann Taylor Tweed Front Slit Pencil Skirt: Classic Plum Pencil Skirt fabness if you don't mind the front slit. It can easily be sewn closed a little if it's too open.
- Ann Taylor Floral Jacquard Mock Neck Sweater: Floral knitwear has been rare, making this a fun change from all sorts of stripes. Thick yet quite streamlined. Statement embroidery. The neckline is high so pass if that is not your cup of tea.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.