This is the last selection of top picks for the year. For the most part, 2022 showcased fabulous retail collections in the US. Stocks were varied and sufficient. Most retailers are sourcing more sustainably and ethically, which is reassuring. My own shopping, most of it done online, was successful. I found the items I wanted at good prices, along with some wild cards and extra items. So far, I’m happy with the quality of the items I purchased. My clients are mostly satisfied with their wardrobe additions too.
1. Boden Winners
Here are some Boden items that have been winners for clients and friends. Some earned a place in my own wardrobe. Some items go on flash sale, so watch out for that.
The Drawn Wool Coat has a more architectural and oversized vibe to it in person and looks like a COS coat. It can also work sized down. The antique shade of pink is GORGEOUS, and so is the sea blue (softer than cobalt). The Crombie coat is offered in a chic and classic black and oatmeal herringbone.
The dresses and skirts feel substantial, with plenty of length. The velvet tops are festive and adequately covered for warmth. The high-necked sweaters are deliberately oversized, and more so in person than on the model. They worked best on Team Tall. Personally, I’ve done extremely well with Boden’s puffy sleeve knitwear.
2. Nordstrom Sale
These Nordstrom items are worth another look now that they’ve been discounted. Be sure to browse all the colour options.
- Treasure&Bond Women's Marled Mock Neck High-Low Tunic Sweater: This sweater comes in colours and works particularly well on petites when the too long sleeves are folded back once.
- Aquatalia Selini Bootie: Refined, dressy, weatherproof, comfy, and a slim fit on the foot. Narrow fit on the ankles too. Might need to size up. The beauty of this boot is the extra long shaft. This makes it look like you're wearing tall boots under midi and midaxi skirts and dresses. The high shaft creates fab lower leg coverage for cropped pants too. No bare ankles.
- Karen Kane Twist Hem Long Sleeve Top: This top looks awesome on my curvy clients. Fluidly structured with excellent drape detailing. Elegant and on-trend, very comfy, fab with skirts, pants and jeans. Comes in colours. Launders well too.
- Michael Medium Marilyn Leather Tote Bag: Dressy Tote Fabnes that can accommodate a smaller laptop.
- Nic + Zoe Night Fall Cardigan: Super cute cardigan that comes in petites, black and cream. It has a darling V-neck at the back, which looks special. Fably festive worn as a cardigan or buttoned-up sweater. Great over dresses, skirts, jeans and pants.
- Sam Edelman Water Repellent Cotton Blend Trench Coat: This is a great lightweight trench coat with interesting ventilating side slits. Fab for very mild weather and light rain. The chocolate trim adds a retro and unique '70s vibe.
- Nic + Zoe Fringe Tweed Jacket: Gorgeous knitted jacket that is not as bright in person. VERY pretty statement sleeve detail. The cuffs are bigger in person. Size down for a form-fitting silhouette.
- Club Monaco Borrem Crop Pants: These work wonderfully well on a narrower hip and wider waist. Lovely quality.
- ELOQUII Belted Denim Wrap Blazer: If you like to wear tie jackets with waist definition, this one is suited to a longer waist and rise and a smaller bust.
- French Connection Madelyn Cable Knit Sweater: This cute cropped pullover comes in earthy tans and is boxy in a very fluid way. The cables lie quite flat and aren't too chunky.
- ELOQUII Print Faux Fur Coat: A statement coat with a Modern Retro vibe. Fluid yet fitted in the right places. Versatile knee length, glam, and SUPER cosy and soft.
- Vince Lilac Bias Silk Blouse: Lilac Floral Blouse fabness for Team Long Waist and Torso.
- AVEC LES FILLES Houndstooth Check Coat: On-Trend Architectural Plaid Coat Fabness. Comes in black and white. It hangs very straight and fluidly, and has a dropped shoulder. It accommodates chunky knitwear and layers. Long sleeves that can be hemmed to a shorter length.
- DRYBAR The Double Shot Jackpot Kit (Limited Edition) USD $233.50 Value: If you have the DRYBAR hairstyling kit on your shopping list, this one is on sale and suited to longer hair.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss: If you're looking for lipgloss, this one has great reviews.
- KUT from the Kloth Meg High Waist Raw Hem Ankle Wide Leg Jeans: These are fab with high-shaft booties that cover the lower leg on cold days. Good fit, comfy, roomy on the thighs, and a remarkably even wash for distressed denim.
- Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Scented Home Candle: A friend gave me this candle because she thought I would love the scent. I did! And am buying another.
You can see the pictures alongside the items on the collection page.