The dress selection at the sale is small, yet every year frocks deserve a short top picks list of their own. This years winners covered a range of silhouettes, fits, fabrics, vibes, patterns, prices and colours. Click the links to see the back detailing of the dresses.
Go to the collection page to see the item pictures alongside my descriptions.
- Cinq A Sept Paisley Long Sleeve High-Low Dress: My favourite dress at the NAS. '70s fabness, luxe, and absolutely magical in motion. Swoosh-factor is SUBLIME. GORGEOUS drape, fabric and fit if you like high necklines and body coverage. It's longer on me than on the model, and looked splendid with refined white ankle boots. It has a black background and several cool tones, which aren't my thing. Yet I keep thinking about it, so maybe I should try it on again and ask hubs Greg for his assessment.
- AllSaints Gia Sleeveless Rib Maxi Dress: Sleek and alluring in a subtle way, and comes in a soft cinnamon. The diagonal hemline adds pizazz to the simple dress.
- Zadig & Voltaire Risty Glam Rock High-Low Slipdress: A forum member knocked our socks off in this dress. It's spectacular because the neckline and armholes both in the front and back fit very closely and neatly against the body. No spillage and plenty of unexpected coverage. GORGEOUS.
- Vince Camuto Floral Print Ruched Body-Con Dress: Body Con Berry Sheath Fabness. Easy to wear, pack and launder.
- Maggy London Diagonal Print Chiffon Shirtdress: I have this dress on order. I like the diagonal striped pattern, colours, and shirtdress silhouette. I hope it's longer on me than on the model. I'll keep you posted.
- Halogen Mod Windowpane Plaid Long Sleeve Dress: GORGEOUS fabric and fun windowpane pattern. Beautiful sleeves. It works extremely well as a tunic over black pants. I gasped with delight when my client wore it that way with soft subtle flared trousers. Size down.
- Madewell Smocked Square Neck Cotton Blend Dress: An absolutely darling dress that looked better on my clients then on the model. Has POCKETS. It worked flawlessly on a size US12 client who pranced with joy in the dressing room as soon as she fitted it on. Always a good sign.
- Julia Jordan Floral Pleated Long Sleeve Dress: Great on petites and forgiving on the midsection. Sleeves might be a little long. A fab dress for a mild Fall and Winter.
- Vince Satin Midi Slipdress: This is a sublime slip dress even if you don't like slip dresses. The fabric is like liquid metal, and the drape is divine. Very forgiving fit. Feels glorious against the skin. The straps are adjustable so you can position the neckline and armholes as low or high as you like. If you pull up the straps, you can achieve very neat and tidy coverage. Clients loved it styled with a denim jacket or lightweight moto jacket.
- HARPER ROSE Belted Fit & Flare Dress: Easy Fit & Flare Fabness that can work well on petites. Comfy, soft, packable, crease-resistant, and classic.
- RAILS Margot Long Sleeve Sweater Dress: Fluid and tailored in all the right places. Slim but not form fitting. Great on those who wear V-necklines well. Fab on a larger bust, and broad shoulder line. Works on a curvier figure.
- Theory Bedford Mod Faux Leather Sleeveless Shift Dress: Darling on a petite apple shaped client, and tall rectangular client. Forgiving on the midsection, and with a mod '60s vibe. Options to layer underneath and over the dress are aplenty.