I’m awfully pleased to see that more retailers are committed to sustainable and ethical manufacturing practices. For example, chain stores like Banana Republic and Hobbs are taking extra care with fabric sourcing, denim rinsing, and creating items with recycled polyester. H&M, Gap and Zara are using recycled polyester too. And more brands are extending their size ranges, of which Nic + Zoe is one example.
I see dressier attire gracing Spring and transitional collections amidst the plethora of activewear, athleisure, and loungewear. To my eye, it’s quite the welcome change, and hopefully a sign that the world is beginning to normalize as we soldier through the global pandemic. Browse the colour and size options, and read the reviews. Some items are on sale.
- Ted Baker London Pleated Zebra Print Skirt: This is a very well cut and flattering sunray pleated skirt because the top portion of the pleats are stitched down and lie flat. No pouf, bulging or gathers. Elegant and gorgeous in motion.
- Nic + Zoe In The Groove Tie Dye Top: An interesting sweat top with a fabulous asymmetrical hemline, which creates a flattering diagonal line on the body.
- Alice + Olivia Willa Wanderlust Print Smock Cuff Top: A novelty blouse to soothe your travel bug. It's 100% viscose so I would follow the dry clean only washing instruction.
- Nic + Zoe Champion Cardigan: This is for Team Long & Lean Outfit Silhouettes. The ribbed effect of the cardigan is unique, substantial and streamlining. I like the way it creates a twinset with a matching tank top. Comes in cream.
- Nic + Zoe Champion Tank: These tanks are popular with my clients because of good fabric and fit. They layer well under jackets and cardigans, and look good on their own. Neat armhole and neckline fit. Comes in cream.
- Nic + Zoe Tie Dye Moto Jacket: A patterned moto jacket in a crisp cotton for Team Blue could be a fun Spring addition.
- Rebecca Taylor Simone Fleur Floral Short Sleeve Silk Dress: I love this dress because it's awfully pretty, romantic, breezy, covered, and drapes like a dream. Beautifully swooshy in motion and very comfortable. The neckline is high so make sure you are okay with that. It would be mine if the colours were different.
- Reiss Sicily Wool Blend Coat: If you're looking for a beautifully made and luxe cream coat with a slightly architectural vibe, try this one. Make sure you like the length. I find it a little short, but it might be dead right for you.
- Reiss Stella Metallic Blouson Sleeve Sweater: The stock photo does not do this sparkly sweater justice. The sleeves are like a work of art. Very pretty and awfully refined. Does NOT need to be tucked, so feel free to wear it out and over bottoms. It would have been mine in navy.
- Rebecca Taylor Simone Fleur Silk Charmeuse Bias Cut Skirt: If you like bias-cut skirts in cool shades of berry and burgundy, keep this one on your radar. The bias cut is not skimpy and glides well over the contour of curvier and straighter hips and thighs.
- Reiss Tiffany Animal Pattern Sweater: This pullover looks a lot better NOT tucked. The pattern is full of diagonal lines that visually, do magical things on the body. Crisp, chunky, comfy and fun for a cold Spring day.
- Gap Brooklyn Textured Ankle Pant: These pants are a repeat style that continue to be favourites with clients and forum members. They work well on a curvier and straighter figure, the fit is that good. Easy to launder and crease-resistant. Very fun windowpane check and tuxedo stripe. Available in sizes US0 to US26.
- L.L.Bean Women's Ultrasoft Sweats, Full-Zip Mock-Neck Jacket Stripe: A striped zip-through jacket could be a fun addition to your Athleisure capsule. Fab under a short puffer. Comes in petite, straight and plus sizes across four stripes.
- Alice + Olivia Jeannie Bow Collar Silk Top: A different type of yoga top, and quite the acquired taste. Playfully dressy and active in a different way!
- London Fog Faux-Fur-Trim Hooded Down Puffer Coat: A beautifully made and machine washable TEAL diamond quilted puffer with detachable hood. Tailored, flattering and warm. Comes in purple, and might run a little big.
- G-Star Raw New Revynn Ultra High Skirt C: G-Star manufactures extremely sustainably and ethically, so they are always on my radar. This is the type of raw urban A-line midi denim skirt I was looking for last year, so I'm giving it a go. It runs small.
- Banana Republic Vegan Suede 4-Pocket Jacket: A machine-washable faux suede jacket that is boxy, but somehow streamlined in a straight drape kind of way. Works better on a larger bust than you might expect. Has that '90s trucker jacket look to it. Comes in toffee.
- Brooks Brothers Floral-Print Cotton Sweater: 100% cotton machine-washable floral pullover that's soft and comfy for Spring. Nice fluid fit. Size down if you want a tighter fit.
- Standards & Practices Elain Denim Pencil Skirt: A long, lean, and very comfy denim midi skirt with faux front buttons that don't pull apart when seated. Goes up to 3XL.
- SLINK Jeans Stretch Cotton Denim Skirt: Comfy Olive Denim Skirt Fabness. Works well on a curvier and straighter figure.
- LIVERPOOL LOS ANGELES Seamed Stretch Twill Jacket: A soft and stretchy blush denim jacket is comfortable and a little different to blue denim. Cute with black, grey and white bottoms, jeans, and blush patterned dresses and skirts. Works on a range of body types because the fabric moulds to the body.
- LIVERPOOL LOS ANGELES Peplum Cargo Jacket: An olivey-grey tencel peplum jacket is cute over straight dresses and skirts, and casual pants or jeans. Might run a little roomy.
- LIVERPOOL LOS ANGELES Liverpool Clean Coated Denim Moto Jacket: A coated denim jacket in a shade of toffee and in a clean moto silhouette is a rare find. This one comes in red and black, and is made of rayon. Soft and stretchy. Might run a little big.
- Michael Brie Ankle-Strap Pumps: A dressy and classic slingback with a manageable and stable block heel. Accommodates slightly wider front feet, and is relatively cushioning. Comes in other neutrals.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.