The last roundup of the year! Here’s a short list of top picks that have recently worked on clients, and some forum members. I’ve thrown in items that I haven’t seen in person, but that look promising because I generally trust the brand and quality. Browse the colour and size options. Some of the items are on sale, or will be very soon.
- MARINA RINALDI Audrey Jacquard Sweater: A festive sweater with pattern, texture, colour and shine. It can work as well with skirts as it does with jeans and pants. Tailored and maximal.
- Eileen Fisher Prescot Platform Sneaker: Some found this sneaker very comfortable, while others did not. I suspect that the laces have something to do with that because you need to adjust them to the desired fit. They can be pulled tight to fit lower volume feet, and less tight for higher volume feet. The platform sneaker offers a nice bit of height, and the stitched sole is a quality addition. Cushioning. Comes in six colours.
- Everlane The Soft Cotton Square Crew: A fun boxy top that is heavier than it looks. Looks great over joggers and other types of casual pants, as well as jeans. Comes in colours.
- Hobbs Francesca Wool Blend Coat: I haven't seen this in person yet, but Hobbs coats are generally beautifully made and hold up well. A timeless military style in a shade of eggplant with a slight back bustle is quite the find. Better on a small and regular size bust because of the double-breasted silhouette.
- INC International Concepts I.N.C. Velvet Pull-On Skinny Pants, Created for Macy's: These velvet leggings look fab under dresses and tunics, and are very comfy. Come in five colours. Great for the holidays.
- UNIQLO Women Sweat Long-sleeve Hoodie Dress: A fun hooded sweatshirt dress that can work well as loungewear, WFH, and in other casual settings.
- Boden Erica Cable Knitted Dress: These fit-and-flare cabled dresses are classically gorgeous, easy to wear if you enjoy a tailored look, and quite cosy. Great with boots and a coat, and not constricting.
- Hobbs Katy Cotton Sweater: I have this navy darling and love it. It's tailored, 100% cotton, and very comfortable. I find the graphic playful yet crisp, versatile, dressier than it looks because it's refined, and fab with my pearls. It's in high rotation already.
- UNIQLO Women Ultra Stretch Warm Long-sleeve Dress: A comfy and long fleece dress that can look great with leggings or hosiery. Good with sneakers or other casual footwear. Comes in other neutrals.
- Madewell Forrest Fair Isle Women's V-Neck Sweater: Super comfy and cosy après ski and Scandi vibe. The V-neck makes it work well on a larger bust, and gives the boxy silhouette some structure.
- Gorjana Harper Chain Link Necklace: Chunky yet refined, and lovely quality. A great necklace to layer with other necklaces.
- Caslon High Cuff Henley Top: An easy henley that is more substantial and has a little more design interest than a basic tee. Great on those who like to wear V-necks.
- J.Jill Side-Zip Down Puffer Vest: A fab vest because of three details. A two-way front zipper that makes driving easier. Side vent zippers if you need a little extra room on the hips or midsection. A flatter type of puff that is visually streamlining. Runs big and is fab on apple and pear-shaped petites in petite sizes.
- Hobbs Jo Cotton Sweater: If you like horses and earth tones, and don't like to wear wool - try this pullover. It's very soft and comfy, tailored, 100% cotton, and POLISHED. Can work for business casual. It would have been mine in my colours.
- Hobbs Hackness Wool Jacket: KILLER STUNNING short wool classic jacket. The finish and quality are absolutely SUBLIME, and the best I have ever seen. The underside of the collar is trimmed with contrast velvet and extremely luxe. A true quality piece, and beautifully made. Fun micro polka dot lining too. Tailored and quite narrow. The US2 fits like a US0. Comes in red and navy. The avocado green earned a place in my wardrobe. It is a magical perfect fit. I'm very much enjoying the playful shorter length of the jacket because it works well with roomier bottoms, and is less traditional than a regular length blazer. Can work well into Spring.
- Hobbs Milly Wool Blend Coat: I LOVED this navy coat and almost kept it. So beautifully tailored, polished, and avant-garde. Gorgeous quality. The photo does not do it justice. But it's too voluminous on the hips for my straighter and small frame. It will work better on someone who can fill out the bottom half. It's an extra amazing topper for A-line dresses and skirts. The US2 fits like a US0.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.