Fashion retail is at an unprecedented place. With COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines everywhere, times are extremely tough. Shopping in brick ’n mortar stores is not what it used to be. More and more retailers are filing for bankruptcy. Product assortments have stood still for months as new inputs were held back or cancelled because physical stores were closed. I don’t know what the future holds for fashion retail that’s not online shopping. I guess we will see.
All of that said, there is a lot on sale across the seasons if you’re after a bargain, and some retailers are slowly adding new stock. Here are this week’s top picks. Browse the colour options and read the reviews for a different perspective.
- JENNY BIRD Imogen Double Hoop Earrings: Jenny Bird makes timeless future classic jewellery pieces, and these earrings are no exception. Versatile, and effective Zoom meeting pick-me-ups.
- MALI + LILI Melissa Reversible Vegan Leather Tote: An easy to wear and wipe down faux leather tote that is lightweight and practical. The wide guitar strap is comfortable and works crossbody-style.
- Söfft Bali Sandal: Soft, cushioning, supportive, versatile, and comes in a few more neutrals.
- MIA Devon Stripe High Waist Crop Wide Leg Jeans: Vertical stripes are unique, especially on a pair of wide crops. These have some stretch, and glide over straighter curves and straight hips and thighs.
- DEAN DAVIDSON Lagos Pendant Necklace: An easy statement necklace to wear over a crew neckline if you're after some vertical integrity.
- DAYDREAMER Elton John Graphic Tee: For those who like a bit or a lot of Elton John music. The Daydreamer brand has tees with other artists too.
- KARINE SULTAN Bee Charm Pearl Bracelet: A pearl bracelet with a bee charm is unique and quite enchanting. The size is unfortunately not adjustable. A timeless conversation piece.
- DEAN DAVIDSON Lagos Huggie Hoop Earrings: Interesting hoop earrings that are as chunky as they are dainty. Versatile.
- Free People Marni Asymmetrical Ruffle Tunic: Casually bohemian, great over slim bottoms or long shorts. Wear it as a beach and pool cover-up. It runs big and is very roomy. It's long and much like a short tunic.
- Boden Viola Multiway Bag: This is one of my favourite styles of bag because of its versatility. It can be a dressy satchel and a more casual crossbody. Beautifully made and comes in emerald green. Both are on their way to me so that I can effectively pick the right colour.
- BUENO Turner Slide Sandal: A soft and buttery slide that comes in five colours and works on a NARROWER and more low-volume foot. Could be fab for at home Summer days since we're staying at home a lot more these days. I ordered the white, but they were still too wide for me.
- Gap Brooklyn Wide Leg Crop Pant: Wide crops that come in five neutrals, and work on an assortment of body types, both straighter and curvier. All the pros of technical fabric.
- Gap Flow With It Pant: An avant-garde and edgier silhouette in modal spandex that does not crease is a rare find. Works on most body types because the style moulds to the body. The waist can be pushed down to create a better fit if you are short in the waist or rise. Comes in grey.
- Nic + Zoe 'Summer Fling' Flirt Skirt: Flippy Denim Skirt Fabness. Runs a little big and comes in petites.
- Ron White Astra Sandal: These hard-edged sandal booties are great with a black top and cropped pants, or cropped black pants. Comfy, soft, and best on regular volume feet and for Team Silver.
You can see the items alongside my descriptions on the collection page.