Here are some footwear picks that have recently worked for my clients or forum members, or that simply caught my attention. Items range in comfort levels and price point. Be sure to browse the colour options if the one I selected is not to your taste.
- Jeffrey Campbell Jeffrey Campbell Otelia Genuine Calf Hair Mary Jane Pump (Women) | Nordstrom: A unique baroque pump that's best on low-volume feet. It's moderately comfy. Not good for fussy feet that need very soft footbeds, but fine if that doesn't bother you.
- Sam Edelman Sam Edelman Jaclyn Waterproof Chelsea Bootie (Women) | Nordstrom: These are WEATHERPROOF, and give Aquatalia a run for their money. The black suede option has a faux shearling lining that's extra cosy. Best on lower volume feet.
- Vince Camuto Vince Camuto Macinda Penny Loafer (Women) | Nordstrom: These animal print loafers are not calf hair, which I personally find appealing and unique. Comes in solid colours, and you might need to size down half a size.
- Vince Vince Eagan Bootie (Women) | Nordstrom: These are GORGEOUS and come in black. Very comfy and beautifully made. They work on regular and higher volume feet. Personally, I'm loving the look of tailored shooties with cropped pants and dresses. A little fresher than booties and oxfords, and great with knee-highs or trouser socks.
- Jeffrey Campbell Jeffrey Campbell Torpedo Kitten Heel Pump (Women) | Nordstrom: A nod to the late '90s and early '00s. Best on low-volume feet, and relatively comfy if you don't need a soft and cushioning footbed. Pretty and playful on the foot.
- Vince Vince Cabria Lace-Up Boot (Women) | Nordstrom: Refined Combat Boot Fabness. If this boot came in white, it would be mine. It's the most elegant and dressy hard-edged tough boot I've seen, and impeccably made. Tailored and comfortable. Works on a variety of foot shapes.
- Jeffrey Campbell Jeffrey Campbell Elio Pump (Women) | Nordstrom: A nod the '80s and early '00s. Super cute on the foot, and best on lower volume feet. Not that soft and cushioning, although the comfort improves when you add a cushioning insole.
- Calvin Klein Jeans Calvin Klein Jeans Diahne Combat Boot (Women) | Nordstrom: White combat boots look fresh and more evolved than the '90s black versions. Comfy, on-trend yet timeless, and read the rave reviews.
- Calvin Klein Calvin Klein 'Ghita' T-Strap Flat (Women) | Nordstrom: An extremely pretty and dainty T-strap flat on the foot. Best on a low and regular volume foot and narrow ankles that do not need a lot of arch support. The patent is surprisingly soft, and the white is a bone colour. I have the bone at home and am figuring out if these will go the distance. They look fabulous with Summer dresses.
- Vince Vince Delancy Low Bootie (Women) | Nordstrom: A hard-edged shootie with a refined integrity. An interesting shade of anthracite, and gorgeous with tapered black ankle pants. Beautifully made and comfy.
- Naturalizer Naturalizer Ellis Loafer (Women) | Nordstrom: These look better in person and on the foot. Very cushioning and soft, and come in three widths.
- CLOUD CLOUD Charm Cutout Oxford (Women) | Nordstrom: A Portuguese brand that is on my radar. Beautifully made and very cushioning. Can fit a higher volume foot but not if you need a wide size for an extra roomy toe box. Comes with a polka dot trim.
- Frye Frye 'Veronica Short' Slouchy Boot (Women) | Nordstrom: Iconic Fabness. These are Fryes, so enough said. Well made, very comfy and fits a range of foot types. The white are wonderful, and so is this shade of brushed grey. The black and brown are classic. High longevity factor.
- Frye Frye Nora Bootie (Women) | Nordstrom: A dressier version of a Frye boot that I haven't seen in person, but looks interesting.
- Donald J Pliner Donald Pliner Dideon Block Heel Bootie (Women) | Nordstrom: A very comfortable and sleek bootie for low-volume feet and narrow ankles. Casual and sharp.
Go to the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.