If you like knee-covering casual and dressy frocks with sleeves, stock up right now because it’s the BEST dress season I’ve seen in a long time. I was done with my Spring and Summer refresh in March, but could not resist a few more dresses. I just bought Club Monaco’s Elianna Knit Dress, because it’s exactly where I want to be with dresses. No more sheaths and sack silhouettes for now — I crave structure up top but want flare at the bottom, and I’m finding it. So I’m milking the exceptional dress season after waiting seven years for longer lengths and tailored silhouettes.
These items have been winners on my clients and our forum members recently. Browse the colour options and read the rave reviews.
- Munro Brinn Sandal: Trendy, very comfortable, and well made. Quite chunky on the foot so consider yourself warned. Available in three colours and FIVE widths. Goes up to a US13.
- Paul Green Raven Sandal: Moon Walking Slide Fabnes. Soft, cushioning, and well made. Best on regular and higher volume feet. Too wide for narrow feet.
- Frye Terri Perf Oxford: Fabulous Summer oxfords in a lovely soft suede. The cracked cream leather is just as nice as the mint. Quite comfy. Best on low and regular volume feet.
- print pajamas: Kate Spade Pyjama Fabness. Classic and adorable.
- Frye Diana Chelsea: Western boots may be on trend, but they are always in style. Frye is a good way to go if you want a pair of timeless fashion-y western-inspired boots. These are a great fit, feel comfy, look chic, and are well made.
- Frye Cindy Two-Piece: Chunky yet refined ankle strap sandals that are best on regular and higher volume feet. Too wide for low-volume feet. Very comfy.
- Frye Terri Gore Mule: Fun mules for higher volume feet. Refined on the foot, and comfortable.
- INC International Concepts I.N.C. Ruffled Denim Jacket, Created for Macy's: One of our forum members modelled this in an XL and blew me away. It looked much better on her than on the model. The peplum is subtle, and adds a playful kick to the masculine trucker silhouette.
- Columbia Saturday Trail II Knee Pant: Athleisure long shorts available in a range of colours. Works on both a curvier and straighter body type. Incredible reviews.
- Alfani Printed Convertible Tunic Shirt, Created for Macy's: Fab tunic that works best on those who can fill it out. Nice over cropped white jeans.
- Charter Club Petite Floral-Print A-Line Dress, Created for Macy's: Gorgeous dress on a curvy petite. One of our forum members modeled it in a PL and it looked SUBLIME. The flared skirt is flattering on a pretty pear-shaped body type. Elegant length.
- Connected Petite Draped Sheath Dress: A flattering dress on a curvy petite. Slinky and form-fitting. Works on a pretty pear shape. Yummy.
- CAMPER Tropik Cross Strap Wedge Sandal: A chunky wedge for higher volume feet. Sleek on the foot. Comfy.
- COS Layered V-neck Chiffon Dress: Fab dress for Team Tall who likes to wear V-necks. The diagonal line across the torso adds an avant-garde effect that's flattering and interesting. Suits a range of body types.
- COS Panelled High-neck Dress: A good dress for a long neck, small bust, long torso and athletic top half. Works well on a curvy bottom half.
- COS Short-sleeved Silk Shirt: Drapey Shirt Fabness. Size down.
- UNIVERSAL STANDARD Geneva Dress: AMAZING silhouette on both a straighter or curvier body type. Works well on a larger bust. The side drape is genius because it adds curves to a straighter hip and flattens a curvier hip. Nice colours and rave reviews.
- COS Shirt Dress With Gathered Hem: Imagine the sleeves scrunched and it's a great dress for a mild Summer. It can go straight into Fall with hosiery and boots. Not for petites. Suits a range of body types. Comes in peach.
- Vince Camuto Skinny Jeans: These are tight, but quite comfy and substantial. Not see-through. Not for wider calves.
- CAMPER Balloon - K200611: Fun chunky sandals for regular and higher volume feet. They are bright, but come in black and silver. Works well with wider ankles.
- CAMPER 'Oruga' Two Strap Slide Sandal: A refined Birkenstock vibe from Camper. Quite cushioning and supportive. Might run a little short. Works for wider feet.
- Club Monaco Elianna Knit Dress: A navy and white striped casual and very polished midi with a GORGEOUS fit. Drapes like a dream. Heft, substance and well made. It's very structured up top so you have to be okay with defining your torso and midsection. The length and asymmetrical hem are elegant and swooshy. Very comfy.The DOUBLE belt is NOT attached to the dress so you can place it where you like. Genius. The stripes of the belt go in different directions which is super cute. Looks great with simple flats. Machine washable. Impeccable.
Here’s the collection page if you would like to see the items alongside my descriptions.