Over the last few weeks I’ve shopped with clients for dresses and dressier tops for January and February events. These were some of the winners, with fab and affordable stuff at Macy’s. Be sure to browse the colour and pattern options, as well as petite and plus sizes.
- Alfani Printed Swing Top, Created for Macy's: A tunic that looks fresh and fab over skinnies or bootcuts. There are many patterns across an assortment of sizes. Suits a range of body types. Excellent camouflage for muffin top. Crease-resistant. Great on Team Tall.
- DKNY Mixed-Media Sweater: The photo does not do the dressy pullover justice. It has lovely silky sleeves, and the fit is forgiving on the midsection. Great with skirts, culottes or pants. The red is as fab.
- Topshop Twist Front Jersey Midi Dress: A wonderful dress that suits most body types, even when you don't wear high necklines. It glides over the body but cinches you in at the narrowest part of the torso. It IS more of an empire cut and not supposed to sit on the waist unless you are very short-waisted. Excellent camouflage for muffin top. Elegant length. Great for a curvy figure. Available in three colours.
- Topshop Striped Drape Midi Dress: The diagonal stripes are playful and interesting, and the high neckline can work on a larger bust. It IS more of an empire cut and not suppose to sit on the waist unless you are very short-waisted. The asymmetrical hem is fun, and the fit is flattering, thereby narrowing at the torso and gliding over the bottom half of the body. Excellent camouflage for muffin top, and well suited to a curvy figure. This one followed me home.
- Topshop Polka Dot Asymmetrical Midi Dress: An extremely easy throw-on-and-go dress in a black mircro-polka dot. The torso is very fitted with front and back ruching, but quite forgiving. The sleeves are ruched, which adds textural interest. The asymmetrical hem is fun, and the length is divine. Runs a size small. Perfect for Summer travel. It followed me home despite being black because it fits extremely well. I'm jazzing things up with white and red accents, and a cheeky blue denim jacket. Sorted.
- Kamalikulture by Norma Kamali Sleeveless Flared Dress: A fab frock for Team Tall. Great drape. Layer over a jacket or cardigan and Bob's your uncle if you don't like to showcase your arms.
- Kiyonna Mademoiselle Lace Dress: A flattering fit on a curvy hourglass or pretty pear with a regular or small bust. Streamlined, with an elegant length. The covered, see-through sleeves are alluring.
- Trina Turk Everdine Dress: This dress would have been mine if it wasn't black because the fit is very comfortable and I love the fuller skirt. You can absolutely wear a regular black bra and cami under the dress because the straps fade into the pattern of the lace. Very pretty.
- CeCe Tie Sleeve Shift Dress: The shift comes in three colours, and the pink is BRIGHT and beautiful. Excellent for apple-shaped figures and Team Legs. Works as well as a tunic, and runs a size big.
- mock neck stripe knit dress: GORGEOUS luxurious fabric with a WOW skimming fit. Beautifully made, very comfortable, and a quality piece. Do not try the item unless you love turtlenecks so consider yourself warned. The visual effect is playfully ladylike. The shorter length looks longer in person because of the full flounce. Runs at least a size big. Very forgiving of muffin top. I loved it in stores so am having my size shipped to me.
- LEWIT Embroidered Poet Sleeve Merino Wool Sweater: Luxe Dynasty Fabness. Client Karen who is 77 years young put this on with the Boden black velvet midi skirt and took my breath away. She was absolutely STUNNING. It's a beautifully made warm dressy item with a lovely tailored fit. Gorgeous embroidery. The poet sleeves are best on narrow shoulders.
- Alfani Petite Mesh Embroidered Ruffle-Sleeve Top, Created for Macy's: I'm liking the skimming fits that Macy's is offering in many of their dressier tops at the moment because it makes my clients feel comfortable but not like they're wearing a sack. This blouse works well on a range of body types, and comes in petite and plus. Might run a size big.
- COS Speckled high-neck dress: A good dress for Team Tall Turtleneck, although the collar can be folded down to flatter a shorter neck. The waist can be cinched for a tailored look. Browse the pics for styling ideas. Do not try this dress unless you have height.
- Kenneth Cole New York Tie Waist Tunic: I haven't seen this dress/tunic in person yet, but I like it. Perfect coverage for a sunny hot Summer. Fab waist definition with a party at the back. I'd wear it with white skinnies, and scrunch the sleeves.
- JS Collections Soutache Sheath Dress: A teal sheath with good reviews that might run a size small. Nice length.
- Anthropologie Sleeveless Lace Shell: A flattering top on a range of body types. Skimming fit, not clingy. Great under a jacket or blazer. Needs a navy, black or nude-for-you camisole.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.