As is the case every first week of January, fashion outlets are publishing posts on what to expect from the world of style in the upcoming year. Let’s have a look:
- PopSugar is rounding up 13 new labels that you might want to consider adding to your wardrobe this year.
- They also believe the “scrunchie bag” is going to be the hot accessory for 2018.
- Berets and embellished shoes are in the top 10 fashion trends for 2018 according to Pinterest.
- Dazed made a list of the 8 fashion moments you won’t want to miss.
- Cowboy boots are back in fashion, reports The Guardian.
- From pastels to plastic, the British newspaper also shares their take on this year’s trends.
- Vogue chimes in with their own predictions, like: “art collaborations are the new music collaborations,” and “jolie-laide sneakers are the new Stan Smiths.”
Fab Links from Our Members
“Why you only need 10 work outfits.” Citygirldc says this is something to think about while she simplifies her wardrobe.
La Pedestrienne really enjoyed listening to this interview with Ann Patchett on taking a year off from shopping.
We’ve been talking about it more on the YLF forum too, and would love to hear what you think.
La Pedestrienne also came across this interesting piece on age and sophistication, and our current pendulum swing towards a cult of youth.
La Belle Demimondaine is intrigued by the info in this article on the secret to looking younger forever.
Fashintern would like to share “Beautiful Tomboys of the 1930s,” which she adds “is as much about society in the 1930s as it is about the style of these androgynous women at that time.”