To my surprise, there’s been a top-up of fresh Summer merchandise at retail for this time of year. Retailers seem to be fulfilling the need for appropriate seasonal clothing because long and hot Summers are a reality for much of the US.
The following items caught my eye on my shopping rounds last week. I’ve seen most of the items on a person and can vouch for their fit and fabric. I’m besotted with Utility Pretty, and got the Embroidered Utility Slim Cargo Jeans in olive. They are not jeans, but lightweight casual cotton pants, which are hard to find in a world full of jeans and leggings and very little in-between.
- White House Black Market Floral Knit Sheath Dress: AMAZING sheath dress in a washable substantial knit that is super flattering and comfortable. Crease-resistant. The placement of the pattern is elongating. Works on all body types except an apple shape because it will cling on the midsection. Dress it up or down. Size down.
- White House Black Market Cold-Shoulder Striped Knit Sneaker Dress: Fabulous casual Summer dress in a weighty knit. It's short, so especially good on petites. Can wear a regular bra with the cold shoulders. Does not cling. Works on a range of body types. Available in a pink and purple stripe.
- White House Black Market Embellished Pleat-Hem Printed Dress: Super cute dress that works especially well on petites. Fab in motion. Read the rave reviews.
- White House Black Market 3/4-Sleeve Floral Print Knit Dress: Great frock for an inverted triangle, rectangle or apple shape body type. Can work on a straighter hourglass too. Great on a shorter neck and larger bust. Size down. Read the rave reviews.
- White House Black Market Cap-Sleeve Stripe Wrap Skirt Dress: A silhouette that works as well on a curvy body as it does on a straighter figure because diagonal lines are magical that way. The length and fit at the back is short and form-fitting, so you have to be okay with that.
- White House Black Market Embroidered Utility Slim Cargo Jeans: These pants look SO MUCH BETTER in person. They are too tight, short, and badly styled on the model. What a pity. The fit is fluid and the fabric quite crisp and crunchy. Darker in person and the embroideries are subtle and lovely. The zippers are discreet. The fit is forgiving so it works on a range of body types. The waistband is curved which provides a tailored appearance. Size down if you are straighter on the bottom. They bag out a little during the day. Also available in grey.
- White House Black Market Elbow Sleeve Yarn Dye Stripe Poplin Shirt: A fab fitted shirt for a curvier figure. Works quite well on a rectangle too.
- White House Black Market 3/4-Sleeve Poplin Floral Top: Dramatic Floral Fabness. The sleeves are theatrical so consider yourself warned. Lovely BACK V-neckline. Best on a smaller bust. Crisp fabric with just the right amount of stretch. Forgiving fit on the midsection.
- White House Black Market Sequin Bomber Jacket: Embroidered Bomber Fabness for Team Jewel Tones.
- Panacea Y Necklace: Fab delicate Y-chain for V-necklines. Interesting gemstones.
- Panacea Drusy Y-Necklace: A Y-chain that was made for a V-necked cream top. More dainty in person.
- Panacea Cluster Pendant Necklace: Arty Cluster Pendant Fabness. Great with a simple black or dark top/dress.
- COS Circular earrings with pearl: A DIFFERENT studded pearl earring. Inge got these and they look Killer fab on her.
- COS Glass pearl necklace: A dainty architectural necklace for a V-neckline.
- COS Contrast necklace: A casual necklace to wear with blush and black.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.