We’re celebrating the dress on this warm and sunny Memorial Day in Seattle. I’m a trouser gal at heart, but dresses hold a special place in my heart because I’m drawn to their elegant vibe. If I lived in a warmer climate, I would wear dresses more frequently.
Here are ten reasons to make dresses part of your style:
- They are an easy “pull-on-and-go” item. One-piece dressing at its best.
- They are the breeziest item to wear on a very hot day.
- Their elegant and sharp integrity is sublime.
- They showcase your legs, which might be a favourite part of your body. Milk it.
- They can look equally fab with flats, sneakers and bare legs, as they do with heels and hosiery.
- They’re hip, creative and modern when worn over cropped jeans and pants.
- They often look more traditionally flattering than a pair of trousers or jeans.
- The right dress can be enormously comfortable, and more so than separates.
- They were made for curvy figures. I LOVE the way a curvier figure can fill out a frock.
- Finally, compared to previous fashion eras, we see far fewer people wearing dresses these days, which makes them quite unique. You can make a statement wearing a frock.
Go Team Dress!
If you’re in the US, we hope that you’re having a peaceful Memorial Day. Of course, I’m wearing a dress!