Here’s an assortment of easy tops, many of which were winners on clients last week. The fabrics are nice to the touch, and easy to launder. The silhouettes are a step up from basic, yet an easy throw-on-and-go. Many of these tops come in multiple colour options.
- Ann Taylor Flared & Striped Sweater: I was blown away by the SUBLIME drape of this sweater. Silky to the touch, and quite luxurious. It does not cling, which is surprising. It camouflages muffin top, and feels beautifully flouncy without being fussy. You have to be okay with the widening effect of the frilly peplum from the side view, so consider yourself warned. The front view is streamlined and slimming, and it works on most body types.
- Ann Taylor Peacock Shift Dress: A fun tunic for Team Peacock Pattern. Excellent worn as a tunic over cropped straights or flares. Might run a size big.
- Banana Republic Riley-Fit Asymmetrical Ruffle Placket Shirt: Try this shirt if you're a shirt gal. The diagonal stripe of the front ruffle is fabulous. Might run a size small. Best tucked or semi-tucked.
- Banana Republic Crepe Boat Neck Flounce Sleeve Top: Vibrant laser-cut top with great crepey drape. Camouflages muffin top and works well on a larger bust. Quite streamlined.
- Banana Republic Jersey Faux-Wrap Shirt: Dressier T-shirt Fabness, and on sale. Suits a range of body types. Best on a short waist because it runs short.
- Banana Republic Short-Sleeve Ruffle Wrap Top: A good shape for a curvy hourglass with a defined waist and larger bust. Works as well for a straighter figure with broad shoulders. Gorgeous over bell-bottoms or bootcuts.
- Bobeau Cold Shoulder Burnout Velvet Top (Plus Size): A dressy and comfy burnout top that's streamlined, forgiving on the midsection, and versatile. Sleeves can be shortened. Read the rave reviews,
- Eileen Fisher Lightweight Jersey Top (Regular & Petite): Gorgeous tunic for Team Fuchsia. Weighty and luxe. Runs a size big.
- Halogen Embroidered Knit Top: Cute cropped sweatshirt with three-quarter sleeves. Fab with high-rise jeans. Might run a size big. Both colours are fun.
- INC International Concepts Pleated Cold-Shoulder Top, Only at Macy's: A dressy cold-shoulder top that does not crease. Fun colours.
- Chelsea28 Satin Trim Hoodie: Avant-garde sweatshirt that's as nice in cream. Read the rave reviews.
- Bobeau Cold Shoulder High/Low Top: Great top for Team Tall or Long Body. Better in person. Lovely back swing and drape. Read the rave reviews.
- CeCe Scallop Stripe Peplum Top: Good peplum for curvier body types. Might run a size big. Silky texture. Good for hot weather.
- Loft Pocket Sweater: A Modern Retro semi-cropped lightweight sweater that's a brighter tomato red in person. Works surprisingly well on a larger bust. The side view is voluminous so you have to be at peace with that. Excellent over high-rise jeans and pants. Good over bootcuts too.
- Anthropologie Margot Gathered Top: A Summery tee with fun shoulder detailing. Works well on a curvier figure with a short waist and larger bust. All the colours are fab.
- Loft Bell Sleeve Sweater: Trendy bell sleeve Summer sweater in crisp yarn. Best on a short neck and larger bust. Conceals muffin top quite well. Size down if you prefer a more fitted silhouette.
You can see my descriptions alongside the items on the collection page.