I recently purchased a pair of gold ankle strap pumps with stable block heels without a specific occasion in mind. I might only get to wear them for a birthday celebration in July, or even further out, in my holiday outfit at the end of the year. Of course, I’ll probably have an opportunity to wear them a lot sooner than that.
I’m usually not in favour of purchasing items too far in advance of needing them because they might not be the right style when the time comes. I also bat for Team Wear and want to wear new items as soon as possible. But in this case, it seemed like a good idea for several reasons:
- Gold ankle strap pumps with stable mid-height heels are hard to find.
- They are a tried-and-tested top pick that is sufficiently comfortable.
- The vibe is Modern Retro and metallic, so there is little chance of it not working with my future occasion outfits.
- They are seasonless, and work well with Winter hosiery.
- It’s an affordable price.
- It will avoid a last minute scramble when the occasion arises.
You often find just the right item when you’re not looking for it. I’m taken advantage of that here. I hope it was the right decision.
Have you bought items far in advance to prevent the stressful scramble at the last minute? If so, were your purchases successful?