Spring shopping is full steam ahead with my clients and we’re finding fabulous things. Here are some of the winners, plus some pieces that have thrilled our forum members recently.
These items either have a relaxed integrity, or they can be dressed down with denim. Some of them have earned a place in my own wardrobe, and I’m thrilled with my new treasures. Browse through all the colour options if the ones I’ve chosen are not to your taste.
- Banana Republic Resin Wash Crop Flare: Cropped jeans that work well on both a straighter and curvier lower half. Order the petite for a more cropped length, but remember that the rises are shorter on petite bottoms. Excellent with high-shaft booties, high-vamped shoes, and ankle strap footwear. Size down a size.
- Shellys London 'Bea' Buckle Sandal (Women): AMAZING buckled sandals that are a GREAT fit on low volume feet and narrow ankles. Very comfortable, dressy and chic. I love that the hardware is delicate so that they don't look Hard-Edged. Modern, trendy and pretty. Fab block heel. As nice in black.
- Via Spiga 'Tahara' Block Heel Sandal (Women): Soft, comfy, dressy and streamlined. Good on regular volume feet. Okay on low volume feet if you size down half a size.
- PIKOLINOS Saona W8E-4554: Amazingly comfortable and slightly retro looking oxfords. Fun block heel. The blue is a little more grey in person, and the cognac options look nice too. Size up half a size.
- CeCe By Cynthia Steffe 'Kate' Ruffle Hem Shift Dress (Regular & Petite): Trendy Flouncy Fabness. A beautiful dress on petites. Works surprisingly well on a broad shoulder and a larger bust. Elegant, playful, vibrant and colourful.
- Two by Vince Camuto Mixed Media Jewel Neck Tunic: A nicer version of a long sleeved T-shirt. Size down.
- Signorelli 'Yummy Fleece' Graphic Sweatshirt: Feels as soft as pajamas. Nice for ultra casual settings or lounging. Make a statement with your footwear in a more lateral way.
- Club Monaco Nira Cashmere Cardigan: Cocoon Ruffle Fabness. Looks like a designer piece and makes quite the statement. Relaxed ruffles look fab. Great quality.
- UNIQLO Women Light Warm Padded Parka: A wonderfully lightweight short puffer that's comfy and very practical. Well made and good price. Great to use as gear. I love the assortment of colours.
- Topshop MA1 Bomber Jacket (Regular & Petite): A trendy olive bomber jacket with fun centre back ruching. Quite well made. Comes in navy and burgundy too.
- Club Monaco Yulia Trench: An impeccable modern classic trench coat in a soft shade of toffee that has a hint of blush. The fabric is luxurious and the fit is streamlined yet comfortable. Straighter fit on the hips. Chic. Looks as good as a Burberry.
- Helene Berman Denim Jacquard Trench Coat: A fun jacquard trench coat in a more relaxed fit. Good fit on curvy gals. Works year round in mild weather.
- Helene Berman Helen Berman Coated Linen Swing Coat: A VERY lightweight cocoon raincoat in a pearlized light blue. Gorgeous and unusual fabric, and quite roomy. Feels futuristic as well as Mod.
- Sanctuary 'Blousant Belle' Print Split Neck Peasant Top: Soft Peasant Blouse Fabness.
- Madewell Short Sleeve Button Back Top: I like the thick pebbled crepe fabrication of this T-shirt blouse, as well as the back buttons and asymmetrical hemline. Great to wear as a backdrop for statement necklaces. Roomy and comfy. Dress the blouse up or down with a pencil skirt, trousers or jeans.
- Halogen Crop Leather Jacket (Regular & Petite): A trendy boxy jacket with unusual front storm flap detailing. Works well on an assortment of body types.
- Hard Tail Roll Waist Crop Harem Pants: Comfy harem pants to wear with a roomy and short knitted high-low top. Wear them as gear or casual wear.
- Banana Republic Essential Denim Shirt: A good basic denim shirt WITHOUT cowboy detailing. I like the darker wash and understated hardware. Runs big.
- J.Crew Long-sleeve multicolored tweed dress with fringe: A stunning sleeved sheath dress that's slightly A-line on the hip. Knee-length on regular height gals. The reviews suggest it runs small, but I think it runs a size big. It's gorgeously tailored and fully lined. Best on straighter body types with narrow shoulders and a regular size bust. It's NOT extra comfy in the torso because it doesn't have stretch, but the comfortable A-line skirt portion of the dress makes up for that. Streamlined and very proper, although you'll successfully relax the look with a denim jacket. Comes in purple too.
- Topshop 'Jolene' Pump (Women): A surprisingly comfortable pointy toe ankle strap pump. The silver is the most comfortable of the colour options. There IS toe cleavage so consider yourself warned. Good price, although the silver is delicate and prone to scuffing.
- CeCe By Cynthia Steffe 'Ditsy Chorus' Floral Print Handkerchief Hem Blouse: A soft and pretty handkerchief blouse with good drape. Roomy. The coral is much brighter in person, almost neon, but just as delicious.
- Lucky Brand Genevie: Trendy lace-up sandals with a sturdy heel. Comfortable, and best in cognac.
- Bella-Vita 'Fire' Sandal (Women): A dressier sandal that comes in an assortment of widths, so the narrow works well for low volume feet, and wide or double wide is good for wide feet. Also goes up to a size 12. Comes in four colours. Sturdy heel height. Good value.
You can see the pictures alongside my descriptions on the collection page.