The best time to buy white jeans is at the start of the season because size curves are full and styles are aplenty. By the time May and June roll around, pickings are slim and sizes are not restocked.
I managed to update my white jeans capsule in January and I’m set for the year. It does feel good when I find great wardrobe essentials. I wanted to get a few pairs of cropped white straights and skinnies, and managed to find exactly what I was looking for with KUT from the Kloth’s Reese Stretch Ankle Jeans and Current Elliott’s Cropped Straight Leg Jeans. Both items run big so I had to have the smallest size altered in the waist and bottom. This is most unusual because I often like to size up in white jeans.
The Loft’s curvy fit jeans are excellent for curvy figures, and are also available in petites and talls. You might find that they run a size big. Remember that cropped white jeans can usually be hemmed to a shorter length if they aren’t quite short enough. Here are my top picks based on what has worked for my clients (and me). No need to worry about transparent white denim since the denim on these styles is sufficiently thick.
- NYDJ 'Ira' Stretch Slim Ankle Jeans (Plus Size): These jeans work well on both a curvy pear and hourglass, and an apple shape. Girdling on the tummy and hip area. Roomy on the thighs. Great on tall gals. Runs a size big.
- Loft Wide Leg Trouser Jeans in White: These jeans are wow on my tall curvy clients. They create a streamlined effect on the thighs and there is no gaping on the waist. Plenty of length for tall gals. Read the rave reviews.
- Loft High Waist Cropped Straight Leg Jeans in White: These are for those who like to wear a high rise and have a straighter figure.
- Loft Curvy Kick Crop Jeans in White: The best cropped straights for curvy figures. They fit the hip and bottom area really well.
- Current/Elliott 'The Cropped Straight' Straight Leg Crop Jeans (Sugar): These are an amazing fit on a straight or moderately curvy body. They fit a little roomier down the leg so can work for larger thighs too. They look extra trendy and I love them. They run big so size down at least a size. The hems are finished so that they are harder to shorten, so not the best option for petites.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Reese' Stretch Ankle Jeans (White): The fabric on these jeans is thick and girdling, yet soft and comfortable. They run big, and are big on the waist so they might need a little waist adjustment.
- Citizens of Humanity Skinny Ankle Jeans (Optic White): Great on a straight and slightly curvy figure. Comes up quite high in the waist when you are short in the rise.
- AG 'The Prima' Mid Rise Cigarette Jeans (White): These AG's have been around for years and they're winners on a straight and moderately curvy hip and thigh. The cut makes the thigh area look really streamlined. Great quality.
- Love Story Flare Jeans: The flare on these jeans is dramatic. The fabric is stretchy, but the visual effect is not body con. Beautiful drape and long in the inseam.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Chrissy' Flare Leg Jeans (White): Thick and very structured with just the right amount of stretch. Not see-through at all. Works well on a straight and curvy body type, although the waistband might need alteration on a relatively small waist. Plenty of length for tall gals. Fab swagger on the flare.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Catherine' Boyfriend Jeans (Plus Size): Excellent streamlined boyfriend jeans that look more like relaxed skinnies. Plenty of room on the calves.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Catherine' Boyfriend Jeans (White) (Regular & Petite): Excellent streamlined boyfriend jeans that look more like relaxed skinnies. Fabulous thick, optical white denim. Plenty of room on the calves. Size down if you want a more tailored jeans silhouette.
- KUT from the Kloth 'Diana' Skinny Jeans (White): These skinnies work best on a straighter body type. Might run a size big.
- NYDJ 'Clarissa' Colored Stretch Ankle Skinny Jeans (Regular & Petite): These jeans work well on both a curvy pear and hourglass, and an apple shape. AND I've seen them work on straight rectangles. It's amazing! Long in the rise so good for long torsos and round bottoms. Runs a size big.
You can also see the pictures alongside my descriptions on the collection page.