I asked our forum members about their favourite panty brands and styles and they had a number of suggestions across an assortment of price points. Some of the panties are 100% cotton, while others are cotton-rich or made of a synthetic fibre. They all have cotton gussets.
One of the best ways to prevent panties from riding up when you’re curvy is to size up in the style. This is especially true of cotton panties that shrink in the tumble dryer. Sizing up, however, is a problem when you have a flatter bottom and narrow hip. In that case it’s best to find a style that is a snug fit right from the start.
- Hanky Panky 'Logo To Go' Boyshorts: These are my favourite panties of all time. I was surprised when I found out that they weren't cotton. They are ultra soft, comfy, flattering and extremely pretty. They stay put all day and are well worth the price. Better on a straighter body type.
- Natori Bliss Girl Brief: 96% cotton, sporty and simple. Good on a high hip and is invisible under clothing. Works on taller gals. Read the rave reviews.
- Felina 'Sublime' Boyshorts (3 for $30): These have good coverage and fit more like a hipster than boy shorts.
- Gap Low-rise hipster: Cotton-rich with excellent bottom coverage. Good on short-waisted pear and hourglass body types.
- UNIQLO Women Boy Shorts: A great silhouette for the narrow hipped because the fit is snug and straight. No need to fill out the style.
- Felina 'Aubrie' Boy Leg Briefs: A skimpy boy short with great coverage.
- Women‘s Modal Thong 3-Pack - Gilligan & O‘Malley: Great on the slim hipped. Stays put.
- Jockey Women's Underwear Slimmers Micro Short: Provides comfortable structure and contouring without sucking the living daylights out of you.
- Cotton Lingerie High-leg Brief Panty: High in the leg and affordable.
- Wacoal 'B Fitting' Briefs: Provides a good fit on both the full and less full bottom. Read the rave reviews.
- Wacoal 'B Smooth' High Cut Briefs (3 for $39): Great on a curvier bottom half. Ultra smooth and many good reviews.
- Natori 'Bliss' French Cut Briefs: A French cut is comfortable on a fuller thigh. These are a little prettier, trimmed with a non-scratch and smooth lace. A very popular style.
- Wacoal 'B Smooth' Briefs (3 for $39): Invisible and comfortable support and coverage that works on an assortment of body types. Read the rave reviews.
- Natori 'Bliss' Bikini: The most popular bikini brief at Nordstrom because it's lightweight, supportive, soft and very cotton-rich. A favourite with my clients.
- Hanro Seamless Cotton Full-Cut Briefs: Pretty, well made, and pricey. Good coverage on both straighter and curvier figures.
- Jockey Women's Plus Size Elance French Cut (3 Pack): A great style for the fuller bottom half. Not that invisible, but very comfortable.
- Commando Cotton Bikini: Invisible, lightweight and best on a narrow hip.
- Bali Comfort Revolution 3-pk. Seamless Hi-Cut Briefs - Women's: A good style for a curvier bottom half if you don't mind the nylon. Supportive and comfortable.
- Jockey Women's Underwear Hipster - (3 Pack): Comfortable on most body types because the cotton is soft and substantial. Not that invisible under tight and sheer fabrications.
- Cotton Lingerie Hiphugger Panty: A good style for the narrow hipped. Not that supportive, but very comfortable.
- Jockey Women's Underwear French Cut - (3 Pack): Clients with fuller bottoms and thighs tend to like this 100% cotton panty. It's comfortable if you can fill out the shape.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.