Here’s a selection of one and two-piece swimsuits, and swimwear accessories. Many of the styles have been great for my clients. Nordstrom repeats these styles season after season because they have a winning fit and this is confirmed in the rave reviews. Be sure to browse all the colour options.
- Profile By Gottex Bandeau Swimdress: An excellent skirted one-piece that works AS well for pear shaped body types as it does for inverted triangles, which sounds counter-intuitive. The skirted bottom seems to complement both a fuller and narrower bottom half.
- La Blanca 'Glamour' Tankini Top: A good tankini top for a curvy top half and broader shoulder line. The ruched centre does a marvelous job at "holding you in".
- Zella 'Inspire' Capris: Fab pull-on-and-go bottoms to wear over a swimsuit or as a casual pair of bottoms. The length and tapered hem creates flattering proportions. Works on all body types.
- Magic Suit by Miraclesuit 'Rita' Polka Dot Tankini Top: A tankini top that's suited to an apple shaped body type with a larger bust and shorter neck. The back is gently fitted too. Fun '70s ruffles.
- La Blanca 'Renew & Refresh' Hipster Bikini Bottoms: Simple and supportive. Provides ample coverage despite the high cut on the leg opening.
- Seafolly 'Costa Maya' Hipster Bikini Bottoms: Brief, but a good shape when you are short in the rise and narrow on the hips.
- Tommy Bahama 'Pearl' High Waist Bikini Bottoms (UPF 50+): A good fit if you are long in the rise and need extra length. Ample coverage. Not a good fit if you are short in the rise.
- Miraclesuit 'Oceanus' One-Piece Swimsuit: I have many, many clients in this style because the silhouette does a fantastic job of smoothing out the contours of the body. Over the years, I've found that this suit works best when you can fill it out in the bust and bottom. It can work on a smaller bust when the shoulder line is broad. The suit can however feel quite constricting, so it's definitely not for everyone. Works quite well on tall gals.
- Miraclesuit Crisscross Underwire One-Piece Swimsuit: A super style on a smaller bust with a longer neck. Runs short, so not for tall gals. It's hard to get into, but once you're in, you might decide that it's worth the extra effort.
- Miraclesuit 'Sanibel' Underwire One-Piece Swimsuit: As with most Miraclesuits, they feel tight on the body because they "hold you in", which is an acquired taste. This style is popular with clients because it creates a great hourglass shape and supports the bustline. Best suited to those who can fill out the style both on the top and bottom. Not good on a small bust.
- DKNY 'Mesh Splice' Maillot: A super style for a smaller bust and straighter figure. Alluring yet covered. Sporty Luxe Fabness.
- Tommy Bahama Boyfriend Shirt Cover-Up: A tunic shirt makes for a chic, practical and easy swimwear cover-up.
- Tommy Bahama Board Shorts: Sporty board shorts with a little extra length. Fab over a swimsuit.
- La Blanca 'Sweetheart' One-Piece Swimsuit: A ruched suit that works well on both a curvy and less curvy body. It's not as constricting and smoothing as a Miraclesuit, but it IS more comfortable. The centre ruching panel is effective. Works on a small and medium size bust.
- Magic Suit by Miraclesuit 'Yvonne' Halter One-Piece Swimsuit: If you're after extra coverage on the hips and thighs, try this style. The halter neck is surprisingly supportive. Runs big so size up one size instead of two.
- Elan Stripe Convertible Cover-Up Dress: A swimsuit cover-up that coverts into a few fun dress shapes.
- Tommy Bahama 'Deck Piping' Underwire Bikini Top: A supportive and flattering bikini top for a medium and large sized bustline. It also works for a small bust with a broad shoulder line. It creates a gorgeous shape on the bust, and exposes part of the bust.
- W Swimwear 'Morocco Stripe' Rashguard: A sporty rashguard in a unique print.
- Badgley Mischka Shirred Maillot: A good style for narrower shoulders because the broader straps visually expands the width of the shoulder line. You can have the suit adjusted if the straps aren't a perfect fit. Less constricting than a Miraclesuit, but not as camouflaging on the midsection.
- Seafolly 'Costa Maya' Cutaway Tankini Top: Sporty and graphic. Suited to a small bust and longer neck. Might need a little side seam adjustment if the fit is wide on the torso.
- Profile By Gottex 'Tutti Frutti' Swimdress: An adorable suit with ample bottom coverage, forgiving midsection coverage, and good bust support. Works well on long torsos and tall gals.
- Tommy Bahama Cover-Up Cardigan: Covered yet alluring. Elegant over a one or two-piece suit.
- Seafolly 'Boyleg' One-Piece Swimsuit: Retro Fabness. Works well on a straight and curvy figure. Ample support and coverage. Does not ride up the bottom. Fine on a small and medium size bust. Comfortable halter neck.
- Nordstrom Wide Brim Hat: Simple, girly and romantic. The wider brim is extra protective.
Remember that swimwear is sized differently to clothing and that you will often need to size up two sizes. For example, if you generally wear a size US8 in clothing, you will probably need a size US12 in swimwear. Occasionally a size up will do the trick if the cut is roomy. Swimwear can also be altered if a small nip or tuck is necessary to achieve perfect fit.
I bought the Seafolly ‘Boyleg’ One-Piece Swimsuit in shocking pink and am very happy with it. I adore a retro bathing costume, and boyshorts are my choice of panty silhouette so it’s no wonder that I fell in love with this style.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.