Floral blouses, shirts and tees scream Spring and Summer, especially in brights, pastels, and in patterns with light backgrounds. Here’s an assortment of floral tops, many of which have worked well on my clients. Some are bold and romantic while others are subtle and more graphic.
- Loft Floral Bloom Peasant Blouse: A Retro floral blouse that drapes with the best of them. Does not look like a peasant blouse. The sleeves are gathered at the hems which adds depth to the style. They hang beautifully on the forearm and do not need to be scrunched like the photo suggests.
- Embroidered Florescence Tee: A pretty flutter sleeve trapeze blouse with fun zigzag border and embroideries. Might need to size down.
- Fluttered Maya Blouse: A flowing bohemian style with lots of romantic drape. Works surprisingly well on a curvy hourglass. The curved hem adds great structure. The spaced floral design is calming.
- Casual Studio Pintuck Pleat Split Neck Blouse: The photo does not do the pretty pattern justice because it looks richer and more water-coloured in person. It's adequately structured despite the torso flow. Needs a camisole.
- J.Crew Sleeveless silk shell in aquatic floral: Modern vibrant and fab layered under a jacket.
- Zara Floral Print Kimono Shirt: Retro Boho. This blouse drapes like a dream and looks even better in motion. The shorter sleeve length adds structure. The back wrap detailing and button closure add a nice touch.
- Abella Pintuck Blouse: Subtle, earthy and semi-structured. Just tailored enough.
- Boden Longer Length Casual Shirt: A good shirt for tall gals because of its longer length. Available in multiple patterns.
- Karen Millen Floral print t-shirt: A panel printed floral T-shirt with a welt works well with a skirt, or pair of sleek bottoms. Needs a camisole. Runs small.
- Trina Turk Coral 3 Blouse: Bold and romantic. Great on an apple shape. Might need to size down.
- Dolce Vita Ebisu Embroidered Top: Structured Boho Fabness with lots of Pretty.
- Boden Ravello Top: A viscose and silk shell with sleeves that works well under a jacket or tucked into bottoms.
- Boden Wrap Jersey Top: A highly structured wrap top in a graphic floral. Might need to size up. Browse through all the pattern options.
- Boden Eliza Top: A viscose silk shell with a geometric integrity. The hem narrows providing a good bit of structure. Might need to size up.
- Boden Longer Length Sleeveless Shirt: A crisp sleeveless shirt for tall gals. Plenty of length.
- Boden The Shirt: A button-down shirt in a very subtle floral design. The flowers look like compasses.
- Ellen Tracy Knit Back Cowl Neck Shell: Tailored and punchy. Works best with a black camisole. As fab layered under a jacket.
- New Look Floral Print Kimono Sleeve Top: A cropped kimono blouse. Best on an inverted triangle body type with slim-fit bottoms.
- Diane von Furstenberg 'Camden' Floral Print Silk Top: A soft and delicate '70s swing blouse in a luscious spaced and abstract floral. Burgundy, orange and cream look fab together.
- Leith Fade Print Sweatshirt: A sweatshirt with an ombré floral hem is quite unique.
- Floral Printed Top: Empire-cut, swingy and playful. I like the unexpected solid black back.
- Vince Camuto 'Broken Photo' Floral Print Peasant Blouse: A trapeze style blouse in a shorter length which creates more structure. Great on an apple shape and inverted triangle shape.
- Michael 'Paradise' D-Ring Kimono Sleeve Top (Regular & Petite): A repeat style that is surprisingly forgiving around the midsection. The tab sleeves provide extra structure. Great over flared jeans, flared skirts and pencil skirts. Fun Retro Floral.
- Eyelet Empire Blouse: A crisp and unique eyelet shirt in a floral design. Tailored on top. The empire cut pleats into an angular peplum in the front only, leaving the back streamlined so that you don't feel overly poufy. A very clever design. Will not work on a larger bust or longer torso because the empire cut line will hit in an odd place over the bust. Works fine with a nude-for-you bra and no camisole.
- Kate Spade New York top & skirt: Modern Mod Fabness. Check out the back stripe.
Florals are actually very versatile. They can be combined with solids and other patterns like stripes, polka dots, two-tone geometrics and gingham.
Visit the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.