My recent post about the colour red and your style got me thinking about redheads. I sometimes hear that redheads shouldn’t wear red because it clashes with orange (red hair is usually a shade of orange). I disagree. I think redheads look AMAZING in all sorts of red. Orange and red is a romantic and happy combination, clashing right up to the point where it’s perfectly harmonious, creating a beautifully rich, bold, tonal and sultry effect.
Take a peek at these redheads wearing bright tomato red and darker reds with panache. Some redheads have dark red hair, whereas others are a lighter ginger colour. I love all of these combinations.
- Texture-rich claret with a matching rosette.
- Extra dark red hair with blue red chiffon and green eyes.
- Patterned dark red with complementary cobalt blue.
- Tomato, black and white.
- Burgundy with olive and ombréd orange.
- Ginger and burgundy with blue eyes.
- Copper locks with tomato red up top and oxblood on the bottom.
- Pretty poppy with ginger.
- A true red with gold accents.
- Orange, red and pink.
- Tomato Red-Out.
- Moulin Rouge.
Redheads also have the option of sporting a shade of red away from their face, either as an accent colour in an accessory, or as a bottom. Take a peek at these lovely ladies:
- A feast of colour: yellow, tomato red, turquoise and fuchsia.
- A column of grey with a bright red bag.
- Red skirt with a black support act.
- Red pants with cobalt top and orange hair.
Strawberry blondes look gorgeous in dark reds and burgundies. Ladies with burgundy hair tend to look fab in shades of orange, which is again, a mixture of orange and red. It’s myth that redheads can’t wear red.